Cabinet Door Panel: Looking For Wire Mesh

4hotshoez

Does any one know where I can get a cabinet door with a metal diamond mesh?

I looked through my libraries I have, but If someone knows right away, that will keep me from having to download cabinet libraries all day looking for one.

Thanks

When I can't seem to find just the right thing in the stock library I just search the internet for images ('wire mesh') and convert the jpg. into a new material, which I can adjust as needed for scale, transparency etc.

I did this one up really fast, see below.

That is what I was hoping someone would say. How do I scale and make transparent (alpha channels) with Chief? 

When I can't seem to find just the right thing in the stock library I just search the internet for images ('wire mesh') and convert the jpg. into a new material, which I can adjust as needed for scale, transparency etc.

I did this one up really fast, see below.

Hi oldckd,  (wish I had a name),  anyway,  for some reason I can't take a look at your material.  Would you mind creating a small plan,  put in some slabs,  and paint the slabs with the material and post that.  Thanks a ton,  I am interested in what you did.

I looked in my library and I did not see the material.

I'm not in the office right now but when I get back there I'll try to put up an example.

Doesn't everyone make their own materials all the time? 

The quickie one I made and attached is not in the stock library, Scott - I found the image via The Google and turned it into a material.

The name's Amy, BTW :)

• 3 weeks later...

Are you looking for like a woven wire mesh material ?  I believe this would probably only come in squares as opposed to the diamond shape that you are looking for - some squares can be seen here:

http://www.bwire.com

If you absolutely must have the diamond shape - try possibly either Grainger, or Mcmaster Carr....

I think the diamond shape is less transparent, and in another sense, more expensive - but they should have it here: http://www.mcmaster.com