Draftsman-don

CA 11 is not printing images from the layout

I've recently purchased a new computer and installed Chief Architect 11. Everything is loaded and working except when I print I do not get any of the jpeg images. All of the line weights seem thinner than expected also. I have an HP designjet T120 printer and have downloaded the latest drivers and rebooted my computer. The printer is working properly for other software so now I'm thinking something is wrong on the Chief Architect side.  Is there a setting that I've forgotten to change or is there something I need to do to initiate a new printer driver? Any help is appreciated.

50 minutes ago, Draftsman-don said:

I've recently purchased a new computer and installed Chief Architect 11. Everything is loaded and working except when I print I do not get any of the jpeg images. All of the line weights seem thinner than expected also. I have an HP designjet T120 printer and have downloaded the latest drivers and rebooted my computer. The printer is working properly for other software so now I'm thinking something is wrong on the Chief Architect side.  Is there a setting that I've forgotten to change or is there something I need to do to initiate a new printer driver? Any help is appreciated.

Can you post screen shots of your printing process, or a screen capture video of the process? It'll make it easier to troubleshoot.

Also hardware specs (and while you are at it software specs) in your signature line may help with troubleshooting.

As a test use the Chief Architect Save As PDF and try printing from the PDF.  This also gives you a better idea of what to expect from your printer.

Thank you all for the replies. Here is a PDF printed from "Chief Architect save as PDF" and you can clearly see the "AIBD" logo and the NCBDC stamp as well. These are both inserted as image files into the layout. They are on the bottom of the title sheet and on the upper right hand corner of each drawing sheet. They show up on the PDF file but not the paper printed file as you can see in the attached pictures. 

301103plan.pdf

IMG_20200116_140051.jpg

IMG_20200116_140001.jpg

You might try saving the images to the layout file or printing from the PDF.

Thank you all very much again for your time. I figured out the issue. It is not with Chief but with the way that I was working with HP's driver installation. The software from HP loads a utility on the computer and you have to run the utility separately. Every time in the past that I've installed a driver the executable file will install the drivers then a quick re-boot an you're up and running. This one installs a utility that will then install the drivers for you. After running this utility and re-booting I now have the correct new driver and all is well again. 

Thank you again for your time. maybe this thread will help the next guy who has this driver issue with HP. 

415163549_Annotation2020-01-16135117.thumb.jpg.00e2aae2176e4fcde306ed6f6dd14a6b.jpg

Glad it worked out.  If you were to include those hardware and software details in your signature it will REALLY help someone else so that they know what bug you came across.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WaunakeeDesigner
    Newest Member
    WaunakeeDesigner

• By mborean
      Working on my first project in Chief.  The attached PDF is a screen shot showing part of a PDF created in Chief and the layout page that the PDF was derived from.  In the drawing I drew the triangles in the gable to represent louvered gable end vents.  In the drawing, they are fine, but in the PDF, the triangles are shifted a couple inches.

Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks
      pdf vs screen image.pdf
    • By NevinF
      For some reason, when I print to PDF some of the lines are shifting from where they are on the layout. It seems like it is just happening on the elevations, at least as far as I've noticed.
      Here are some screenshots of the original layout:

This is what the PDF looks like:

Has anyone else had issues like this? Is there something I am doing wrong?

Here are the plans for anyone who has a moment.
      https://friesen.syncedtool.com/shares/folder/432502762ef40e/ 

• By aHughJassDude
      So I don't know what the heck is going on here. I'm using several PDFs on my layout (like I've done many time before) and for an unknown reason the line weight on the PDFs are really faint when I use the Chief Architect Save as PDF option to print. The Preview and the Layout both show the line weights on the PDFs at the correct weight. It's only when I save out the PDF that it goe faint. Nothing else on the drawings change. The weight for everything drawn in Chief is good. The PDFs themselves have the correct weight when you open them. It's ONLY when I'm saving out the PDF that the line weight gets reduced on ONLY the PDFs. 

See the photos below. They demonstrate what's happening.

Here's what I've tried already with no change:

-Run in in both black and white
      -Save the PDFs to the Layout file
      -Toggle line weight on Layout on/off
      -Adjust DPI

• By tc-contracting
      Recently had a computer crash and lost a bunch of info that was not backed up now after reinstalling I'm having issues printing anything. Should I redownload the program?

Windows 10 pro 
      I-5 3750 3.4 ghz
      16 gig ram
      gtx 770 gpu

• By renosud
      Hi,

Does anybody know if there is an option to automatically save all imported images in the plan without having to remember to check the 'save in plan' checkbox? 

At the moment, it's a checkbox option at import [or a setting that can be changed after] e.g. its set to not save in the plan as default on import. The problem is that in my workflow, many images that I add to a plan as supporting files are kept in a local download folder that I regularly clear out. You know the routine, quick search on the internet, locate picture, throw into the plan and move on etc. It's something I might do hundreds of times a week when every second counts. It's often the case that supporting images are not always resources that you want to necessarily permanently keep on the server. Occasionally, when I open a plan, if I have forgotten to save an image in plan, the missing image resource is lost and I have to find it again [or not] on the web. Interestingly, images that are copied and pasted in are automatically saved in the plan.

Somebody tell me that there is a secret place buried or hidden in plain sight that makes 'save in plan' by default? Many thanks to the community.

George
      www.renosud.com
      CA Premier X9
      MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRO
      INTEL CORE I7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHZ
      RAM 32.0 GB
      GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI 27GB