Camera Views in Layout X11

alampkins

How do you resize a camera view once it is sent to a layout? In X9, you could simply use the corner grab. In Chief X11 when I try to use the corner grab it skews the camera view. I do not want to send it as a JPEG because I still want to be able to update on demand.

image.thumb.png.59303c0bb26054b3cde8152ed86f5b94.png

I know that you can go to the transform - image size to resize, but there has to be an easier, faster way. Any ideas?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, alampkins said:

How do you resize a camera view once it is sent to a layout? In X9, you could simply use the corner grab. In Chief X11 when I try to use the corner grab it skews the camera view. I do not want to send it as a JPEG because I still want to be able to update on demand.

image.thumb.png.59303c0bb26054b3cde8152ed86f5b94.png

I know that you can go to the transform - image size to resize, but there has to be an easier, faster way. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hold down the X key as you grab and drag corner

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Evolution said:

If holding the "X" key down as you left click and drag the corner handle doesn't work Holding down the "C" and doing the same function should work.  At least it is the "C" on my machine. 

Never noticed that C key also lets you resize.  Differently, but works too.

X seems more dynamic.

There can be a difference between using the X key (Resize Edit Mode) and the C key (Concentric Edit Mode), depending on the shape of the original object - especially for a rectangle.

For the X key • Resize/Reshape - Resize allows you to keep the angle between adjacent edges fixed when a corner handle is moved.

For a rectangle, this will maintain the same proportions as the original object.

For the C key  Resize/Reshape - Concentric allows you to resize an irregularly-shaped polyline so that each edge is moved the same distance from its original location.

For a rectangle, this will move all edges the same distance from the original.

Have a look at the diagrams in the help file to see the different behaviors.

If you have assigned any keyboard shortcuts starting with C or X, this will preclude these shortcuts from being used as Edit Behavior shortcuts. 

On 12/12/2019 at 1:14 PM, glennw said:

There can be a difference between using the X key (Resize Edit Mode) and the C key (Concentric Edit Mode), depending on the shape of the original object - especially for a rectangle.

For the X key • Resize/Reshape - Resize allows you to keep the angle between adjacent edges fixed when a corner handle is moved.

For a rectangle, this will maintain the same proportions as the original object.

For the C key  Resize/Reshape - Concentric allows you to resize an irregularly-shaped polyline so that each edge is moved the same distance from its original location.

For a rectangle, this will move all edges the same distance from the original.

Have a look at the diagrams in the help file to see the different behaviors.

If you have assigned any keyboard shortcuts starting with C or X, this will preclude these shortcuts from being used as Edit Behavior shortcuts. 

thanks, always good to get back to basics.

• 5 months later...

For whatever reason, concentric doesn't seem to work in Elevation view.  Both Concentric and Resize will move an edge by the "jump" setting, but dragging a corner only jumps that corner by that setting.  Plan view, works as always, but not in elevation. Or am I missing something??