Elevation Camera Labels/Callouts show Sheet Number

divreig

It works automatically if you select the automatic function for "Text Below Line" once you send the camera view to layout and the page you send it to has something entered in the Label field of the Layout Page Information. Then it will show in plan and layout if you have the Cameras layer turned on.  Also it can be set in Default Settings > Camera Tools > Cross Section/Elevation > Plan Display > Text Below Line:  8850486_ChequeBox.JPG.f3d0a66f9b2d5985bf9c2a1c773720b5.JPG Automatic.

Welcome to the Forum and please let us know a few details about what software you are using and your critical computer specifications by filling out your signature.

5 hours ago, divreig said:

Thanks for your response. That's what I thought was supposed to happen when the automatic button is checked. But in my case its the sheet description not sheet number. Perhaps I need to reinstall.

I have not heard of that being a problem. Maybe just make sure the sheet number is in the Label field of the Layout Page Information. 

thank you I understand what you are saying. but the software  puts the description box in bottom of the call out. essentially it's taking the information out of the wrong box. Looks like a technical issue on my end I will reinstall and try it

35 minutes ago, divreig said:

thank you I understand what you are saying. but the software  puts the description box in bottom of the call out. essentially it's taking the information out of the wrong box. Looks like a technical issue on my end I will reinstall and try it

Don't reinstall.  I just think you're not fully understanding how it works.  If you have actually sent the view to layout, then the automatic text below line gets its information from the Layout Page Label.  If you want to see the sheet number then you will need to enter the appropriate information for your layout page using the Edit Page Information tool.  You can either enter a page number manually or use the # sign with or without the appropriate numbering scheme prefix (A-#, E-#, etc.).  It sounds like perhaps it's you that's putting the information in the wrong box.

• 2 weeks later...