Changing Roof Pitch Changes Bearing Height

wjmdes

17 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Wouldn't one, after changing pitch of a built roof, just take a section and measure how much it should be raised or dropped, to re-seat properly?

When using trusses, and changing the pitch of a roof, Chief can tell you precisely how much to raise or lower a roof after changing the pitch.

In the Roof Plane Specification dbx, note the Vertical Structure Depth or the Top of Plate (depending on your rotation point) for the before and after pitch and then apply the difference  to move the roof plane by that amount (using Transform Replicate or some other method).

This works because both the Baseline and the truss use the outside surface of the main layer as their reference plane.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2019 at 6:23 AM, QualicoreHomes said:

Thanks for that, this will come in handy!! I still find it amazing how so many of you that have a lot of experience with the program take the time to explain and help solve our problems!  I think Chief Architect should have a reward system for you people. So many points per post (that's helpful) and a golf trip to Coeur d'Alane with enough points :) 

I finally made a PDF for those VSD's I thought you might like too , Check the Tips and Techniques Forum for the PDF.

Mick.