elementsdesign

How do I export a CAD detail I created as a dwg

Recommended Posts

I'm trying to export some CAD details I created as a .dwg so my client can offer them on his product website. I place my library block on a blank plan page and export the "current view" as a .dwg, then I import that saved file into a new plan and it shows up skewed. The text doesn't all line up with the CAD correctly, the text boxes that have fill are black (I could work around that) and some items retain the color but others do not. Any suggestions on why this happens? I could live with the color issue, but I need the text to look right! Pictured is the .dwg import on the left and my library block it was created from on the right.

 

I basically use Chief's suggestions on the export wizard, is there some setting I'm not getting right? I don't work a whole lot with dwg so any help is appreciated!

dwg issue example.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 8:26 PM, elementsdesign said:

I place my library block on a blank plan page and export the "current view" as a .dwg, then I import that saved file into a new plan and it shows up skewed

 

Something to try if you haven't solved this yet....... paste it into a CAD Detail , not Plan, ( in a new Plan file ) , UNBLOCK the detail, then select all the Text Blocks , Open their DBX and make sure the Automatic Width and Height are Enabled  ( I have found text is often corrupted when exported if these aren't on. ) , then make sure NONE of the Text Boxes are Using a Fill, (possibly your issue on those 4?) , Check all text is still as expected, then export it using DWG>Current View  and re-import it as a test to a New CAD Detail (you already made/opened before importing) .

 

A search may find other results  as I think I have seen other Posts about those Black (Text) Boxes too.

 

FYI : there is a text corruption Issue in CA which CA has not Solved yet with text getting truncated etc , opening and closing the text's DBX is usually enough to fix that though.

 

M.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, Kbird1 said:

 

 

FYI : there is a text corruption Issue in CA which CA has not Solved yet with text getting truncated etc , opening and closing the text's DBX is usually enough to fix that though.

 

M.

 

 

Mick, when I have text that "truncates" I select the text and just drag the text box slightly and that fixes mine so far (when it does happen). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - Yes I also have this annoying problem with Text Boxes - Normally when they come from a different PC . Is it worth sending a request to CA to fix or do you think they are onto it ?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 9:27 AM, Evolution said:

Mick, when I have text that "truncates" I select the text and just drag the text box slightly and that fixes mine so far (when it does happen). 


Group selecting and opening/closing is just super fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WAYNEDSA said:

Hi - Yes I also have this annoying problem with Text Boxes - Normally when they come from a different PC . Is it worth sending a request to CA to fix or do you think they are onto it ?

 

Thanks


Always report.  It doesn’t matter if they’re onto it or not.  The more people they hear from, the more likely it will get fixed.  I’ve seen legitimately broken tools that remain unfixed for years because only one or 2 people report it, and I’ve seen very powerful and perfectly functional tools removed or changed completely because a good handful of beginners were having problems understanding them.  It’s simple prioritizing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28295
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    linewalker
    Newest Member
    linewalker
    Joined