Moving Just One Drawer Knob

4hotshoez

Just spitballing here and I don't have my computer handy to test it, but how about remove the handles...copy and paste the cabinet in place...delete the top drawer...add a handle...change all materials to "no material" except the handle, set the handle to where you want it...copy and paste in place again and set handle separately for 2nd drawer.

Just spitballing here and I don't have my computer handy to test it, but how about remove the handles...copy and paste the cabinet in place...delete the top drawer...add a handle...change all materials to "no material" except the handle, set the handle to where you want it...copy and paste in place again and set handle separately for 2nd drawer.

Well, it is not that critical. I was just thinking there was a quick fix that I was missing.

I just got back to my computer.  It actually isn't quite as complicated as that.  What you can do is...

1.  Build cabinet exactly like you want it but with no handles...

2.  Copy/paste in place, change upper drawer to an opening, and add handle to lower drawer placing it where you want it...

3.  Copy/paste in place the new cabinet, change lower drawer to an opening, and change upper opening back to a drawer placing handle where you want it.

4.  I would defintely uncheck "included in schedule", and would supress label for the latter 2 cabinets.

This method has its obvious flaws but would also allow for different handles on the upper and lower drawers.

You can also use a door for the lower drawer and that gives you independent control over the handle placement as well as the panel and handle style.  Only drawbacks are the opening indicator is wrong (which I don't use anyway) and the auto label is also incorrect (which I don't use either).

Either way, its a bit clunky.  Hopefully we'll get something a little more awesome in X7.

I use a "door panel" for the bottom section instead of a drawer. They don't automatically get hardware and don't have opening indicator, add hardware separately when done.

Exactly what Mark said.  But you will have to add the Handle - unless it's a part of the Door Symbol that you get from the Library.

If you're gonna do that, why not just use 2 drawers without hardware and then add the handles manually??