robdyck

Wall Detail and Notes

I often add keynotes to a wall detail but unfortunately, a note schedule doesn't display correctly in a wall detail. I assume it's because my wall detail is viewed from the exterior. Anyone notice this behavior? 

image.thumb.png.c294f493a072532a7179ddd6a7f6fe47.png

As I suspected, it works nicely from the inside.

image.thumb.png.d3758a52c49760daa459bb79d7782d10.png

Please send this to CA as a bug report.  It shouldn't make any difference which direction the Wall Detail is looking.

9 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Please send this to CA as a bug report.  It shouldn't make any difference which direction the Wall Detail is looking.

Done!

FWIW, if the Note Schedule is placed in a "CAD Detail Window" it works correctly.  The problem seems to be that at least some Wall Details are reversed "x" direction (ie: x reads right to left instead of left to right)

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

For now, I would suggest just placing that schedule into a CAD Detail.

I just noticed there is another little trick that might work for you...

Once you get the schedule how you want it, you can copy it, block it and then mirror the block.  It requires a second copy of the schedule or else the numbers won't generate in the block.  Just drag the faulty copy off to the side. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I just noticed there is another little trick that might work for you...

Once you get the schedule how you want it, you can copy it, block it and then mirror the block.  It requires a second copy of the schedule or else the numbers won't generate in the block.  Just drag the faulty copy off to the side. 

kinda weird that that works. good little trick to know!

I ran into this last week on a plan. Just did a copy reflect about and added to my layout.

Worked just fine but it still seems it should show from the side you are looking at.

Have a great day,Ken

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jjmitchell5231
    Newest Member
    jjmitchell5231

• By robdyck
      Is there any choice in numbering style for schedule numbers, specifically notes? The schedule numbers them 01, 02, 03... I'd prefer 1.    2.    3.  and so on. The default numbering system for notes looks odd IMO and so does including the 2d symbol in the actual schedule.
    • By fangelo
      I'm having issues with notes in camera view.  I'm able to place the note in a camera view but the note callout doesn't appear in the view.  The "Text, Notes" layer is on with a solid line type and the color is black.  Am I missing something or is this a bug I need to report? My Note schedule is in a CAD Detail and I also tried to add the schedule to the camera view, also without success.
    • By cjanderson66
      Well this has probably been posted before but I can't seen to find any information on it.  I have several large general notes that I add to my plans but I can't seem to figure out a way that I can have them with several columns instead of just top to bottom.  I would like to have someway to create a numbered notes that I could place on my sheet so it could be with several columns to fit in a space and numbered properly.  Right not I am having to have several rich text and place them side by side.  Does anybody have any idea of how to do this or is this something that was missed by Chief.
    • By kylejmarsh
      My Leader Lines keep moving around in Layout any time I update the viewport, or even change the model. I've tried turning off 'object snaps' in layout to keep them from snapping to the viewport, yet they still continue to dance around erratically. The Arrow line does this as well. I feel like I've tried everything to keep it from happening, short of putting all my notes on the model itself instead of in Layout. Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Have tried 'Auto-Position Head/Tail' and all the rest.

• By SNestor
      Basic question...I think.

I'm trying to create general plan notes that show up on every plan set.  So...is there a "best method"?  

My current process is to create notes in a Cad Detail window (in template plan file)...then send them to my layout template.  However, I was looking at the CA "Breckenridge" plan...and most of the notes on that set of plans were placed or typed directly into the layout file.  

I have saved some note "blocks" to my library...but when I place them directly into a layout...they are very large (6" tall text).  I gather this is because they were created in a Cad window at 1/4" or 1/8" scale...and layout is full scale.  

So...I'm just not sure if I'm going about this in the right way.