robdyck

Wall Detail and Notes

I often add keynotes to a wall detail but unfortunately, a note schedule doesn't display correctly in a wall detail. I assume it's because my wall detail is viewed from the exterior. Anyone notice this behavior? 

image.thumb.png.c294f493a072532a7179ddd6a7f6fe47.png

As I suspected, it works nicely from the inside.

image.thumb.png.d3758a52c49760daa459bb79d7782d10.png

Please send this to CA as a bug report.  It shouldn't make any difference which direction the Wall Detail is looking.

9 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Please send this to CA as a bug report.  It shouldn't make any difference which direction the Wall Detail is looking.

Done!

FWIW, if the Note Schedule is placed in a "CAD Detail Window" it works correctly.  The problem seems to be that at least some Wall Details are reversed "x" direction (ie: x reads right to left instead of left to right)

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

For now, I would suggest just placing that schedule into a CAD Detail.

I just noticed there is another little trick that might work for you...

Once you get the schedule how you want it, you can copy it, block it and then mirror the block.  It requires a second copy of the schedule or else the numbers won't generate in the block.  Just drag the faulty copy off to the side. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I just noticed there is another little trick that might work for you...

Once you get the schedule how you want it, you can copy it, block it and then mirror the block.  It requires a second copy of the schedule or else the numbers won't generate in the block.  Just drag the faulty copy off to the side. 

kinda weird that that works. good little trick to know!

I ran into this last week on a plan. Just did a copy reflect about and added to my layout.

Worked just fine but it still seems it should show from the side you are looking at.

Have a great day,Ken