Site Plan Questions

ACADuser

Plants in plan View, can you change the size of the 2D symbol & not the 3D size

I would like to reduce the tree 2D symbol by 1/2 & leave the 3D as is.

Repairing a plan view site plan I want the exterior wall doors & windows to show but none of the interior features, walls, doors etc.

I can turn most things off but the walls & doors are a problem. The roof layers are on but do not hide the interior walls.

Put all the interior walls on their own layer and turn off when you need too. I also use a reference set just for site plans, that way you get the 2nd floor roof to show.

I don't know how to change the plant size and not the 3d other than making a new cad block that's smaller to associate with it.

You can create a reference set just like a layerset but you use it for reference only, like showing the second floor walls on the first floor.  I use reference sets for just about every plan . foundation, roof , all floors, framing,

post-113-0-32295700-1412191124_thumb.png

Plants in plan View, can you change the size of the 2D symbol & not the 3D size

I would like to reduce the tree 2D symbol by 1/2 & leave the 3D as is.

Repairing a plan view site plan I want the exterior wall doors & windows to show but none of the interior features, walls, doors etc.

I can turn most things off but the walls & doors are a problem. The roof layers are on but do not hide the interior walls.

Another work  around you could experiment with is to do a "view to cad" of the plan view. Now draw a marquee around the interior walls and doors and delete them. When done, depending on how you're doing the site plan, send that view back to a site plan layer set/ annotation set. Not sure if you know where I'm going with this. You could also do your site plan in that cad detail. Just food for thought. Then send that view to a layout to whatever scale you want.

Probably not the best option regarding the plants but you could double up on them and have the larger size on one layer and the smaller on another and then turn on/off as needed.  Resizing the CAD blocks might be the best option.