Matching the ridgeline on a gable and hip combination roof

akabuilder

I have a plan with a  gable and hip roof combo. The problem is Gable peak is 10 ft. ceilings and the hip is 9 ft. ceilings. I want them to join at the top. So far I automatically built the roofs, then went back in and manually made adjustments to roof pitch etc. Gable  is 5/12 pitch. Hip areas are now 6/12 pitch (so they now are same height). Problem is I have and small overhang where they meet at the ridge - It's something like a T shape. Anyway it overhangs where they join. Any suggestions? 

Fizette copy.plan

Edited by akabuilder
Visual accuracy

auto-generated roofs are based upon 3D Geometry where the distance from a gable's load-bearing walls and the angle (pitch) then determine the resulting ridge height. You can get matching perpendicular ridges manually by opening the dialog box of a hip or gable roof to find out the value of its ridge height (top input box) and then copy that value you wish to apply to a perpendicular roof plane. You then open the dialog box of the perpendicular gable roof planes, one at a time and then One: lock the roof plane's "Fascia Top" or "Baseline Height" values by placing a "Radio Button" by that value so its value is not changed by other changes you apply. Two: Once that is done you then copy-paste your copied "Ridge Value" you obtained from the roof dialog box of its ridge value you wish to match and copy-paste that value into its "Ridge input box". Three: when you then click "OK" you then have a perpendicular gable that has a matching ridge with its perpendicular mates. The action of changing the ridge value secondarily changes the roof plane's pitch or angle.

DJP

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, akabuilder said:

I have a plan with a  gable and hip roof combo. The problem is Gable peak is 10 ft. ceilings and the hip is 9 ft. ceilings. I want them to join at the top. So far I automatically built the roofs, then went back in and manually made adjustments to roof pitch etc. Gable  is 5/12 pitch. Hip areas are now 6/12 pitch (so they now are same height). Problem is I have and small overhang where they meet at the ridge - It's something like a T shape. Anyway it overhangs where they join. Any suggestions? 

Fizette copy.plan

I think everyone comes across this issue now and then...thought it was a good reason to make a video.  Hope it helps!

• Upvote 1