Roof/Clg Framing Question

SNestor

Is there a way to accomplish a roof section as shown in the using the roof and ceiling tools in Chief X11?  

What I would like it to have the screen in the roof align near the top chord of the rafter.  I know I can use P-Solids...just wondering if there was a more "automatic" method that I'm missing.

Thanks!

Section

If you use a second roof plane for just the screening it should work ok.  Just copy the original one and drop it 2" and gut the rest of the options.

A bit of mucking around and I don't think it can be done fully auto but maybe good enough for the situation.

roof screen 1.jpg

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

If you use a second roof plane for just the screening it should work ok.  Just copy the original one and drop it 2" and gut the rest of the options.

A bit of mucking around and I don't think it can be done fully auto but maybe good enough for the situation.

roof screen 1.jpg

Good idea.  I will give it a try.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, SNestor said:

Is there a way to accomplish a roof section as shown in the using the roof and ceiling tools in Chief X11?  

What I would like it to have the screen in the roof align near the top chord of the rafter.  I know I can use P-Solids...just wondering if there was a more "automatic" method that I'm missing.

Thanks!

Section

You know better than to not post a Plan :)   ...    Chopsaw would of fixed it for you already..... :)    or Eric..... 

Can't you just use the Roof Surface for the Mesh if you want it aligned with the top of the Rafter ? if you meant the bottom you could use just use the ceiling surface no?

( your image doesn't show the screen at the top of the Rafter though)

I am thinking this is a Greenhouse type structure but with mesh not glass?  maybe not?

M.

I’ve already got a roof with screen as the ceiling surface...I was just wondering if it was possible to get the screen in the center of the rafter.  I think the solution is to copy the roof I have “in place”...then use transform/replicate and move it up or down as needed.  And some other editing too.  

And yes...I should have posted a plan.  :blink:

1 hour ago, solver said:

ct1.thumb.png.3440c5344e1533b64b63e8c54e0d13d9.png

Ceiling plane.

Thanks Eric.  That is exactly how I have it now.  I was just trying to see if there was a way to get the screen in the rafter center (or close)

thanks all for the tips and suggestions.