Foundation Changes Not Appearing in 3D Orthographic

audioresearch

I'm trying to learn the software using the trial version of version 10.

I started with a plan that was done for me where the foundation footings in the basement garage, which has a concrete floor, were not low enough to be below the frost line. My goal was to lower them enough to be below the frost line and I decided to try to lower them by 3'8". The rear of the basement, which has the garage doors, is a walkout and the top of the basement garage concrete floor is at grade level. The footings were just below that floor and so they were barely below grade level and were thus too high to be below the frost line which is about 4' below grade level here.

What I did was:

1. I right mouse clicked on a room and selected from the menu "open object".

2. in the room specification box that then opened, I clicked on "structure". A cross sectional diagram appeared showing the footing sitting directly under the basement concrete slab floor. The 

distance "I", the stem wall height, was the default value 100".

3. In order to drop the footing 3'8" lower, I changed the value "I" from 100" to 144". Now the diagram showed the floor height and everything else was unchanged however the footings were

lowered to where I wanted them and the foundation walls extended lower too so that they rested on top of the newly lowered footings. I clicked on "ok" at the bottom of the

room specification box and that box disappeared. So far, so good.

The problem is that when I displayed an orthographic camera view, the footing and stem wall had not changed to match the "structure" diagram. They look unchanged with the footings not lowered to below the frost line. Even if I repeat the procedure for all rooms that ring the entire foundation, the orthographic view never changed from what it looked like originally before I tried lowering the footings. Not one single footing was lowered anywhere.

What is wrong?

I looked and "auto rebuild walls/floors/ceilings" was not turned off in 3D view defaults.

However, I tried lowering the footings as I described above but with an older version of the plan and it worked so I assume the newer version I was trying to do this in was just corrupted.

I'm trying to learn the software using the trial version of version 10...

First, I would encourage you to get the newest trial version for X11.  This will have all of the latest features and be a better program for evaluation purposes.  If you decide to buy, then you will probably actually be purchasing X11.

Since you are using the trial version, you will not be able to save any plans.  You could post the plan that you started with though.  Also, since you can't save any plans, you might want to post screen shots of what you are seeing in the program.  You could post a picture of what you are seeing in the room specification dialog as well as what you are seeing in the camera views and people might be able to give you some better answers.