x10 Crazy slowdown in 1 plan

rcmcdougle

1 hour ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

All is fine here, the only thing is when the file is opened it states that a file is missing "2ndPlan.png". Hi res pics can really slow things down.

Thanks for the input. 2ndPlan.png is 1053 x 1070 pixels - 771 kb. I wouldn't think that would do it. I need that to trace over. I've done this sort of thing many times in the past with no issues.

1 minute ago, rcmcdougle said:

Thanks for the input. 2ndPlan.png is 1053 x 1070 pixels - 771 kb. I wouldn't think that would do it. I need that to trace over. I've done this sort of thing many times in the past with no issues.

Was that actually the issue?

3 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Was that actually the issue?

I deleted the PNG and saved to a different name. Closed Chief - restarted the computer - Loaded the newly created file - no improvement. clicking anything then delete takes >45 seconds. Close that file and then load a highly detailed file 10 times the size in that same session of Chief and all is well. The issue is specific to that file for me.

20 hours ago, tommy1 said:

I would look for something that's in this plan that you normally wouldn't have. You might be using something with a high face count that's slowing you down.

Nothing in the plan but walls and a few doors.

After more work, it seems there is something going on with the amount of enclosed space. If I disconnect the walls in the upper right corner, performance returns to normal. I can move - extend - delete walls with no slowdown. If I reconnect the corner, just that effort to connect puts the blue wheelie into a tail spin.and takes almost a minute. Any other edit is affected the same. No impact on navigation - zoom or pan. This is repeatable on my desktop and laptop.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:40 AM, TheKitchenAbode said:

All is fine here, the only thing is when the file is opened it states that a file is missing "2ndPlan.png". Hi res pics can really slow things down.

Did you try to edit anything? Pan, Zoom, Select works real time. Move, Extend or Delete a wall takes >45 seconds on both my laptop and my desktop.

2 hours ago, rcmcdougle said:

Did you try to edit anything? Pan, Zoom, Select works real time. Move, Extend or Delete a wall takes >45 seconds on both my laptop and my desktop.

I just did all of those things and everything works fine at my end. I'm using X11 so maybe it's related to X10. The only other thing is that the plan you posted is just form a regular save. If you do a "Backup Entire Plan" and post it then it will contain everything which might reveal the problem.

Perhaps Check your Fills in Walls/rooms etc as Chief hates drawings thousands of (cad) lines. 

It's happening for me on Level 2 if I delete one of , or any of them of the Stage Below Areas in X10 , strangely the exterior walls are not so much of an issue here ...(top right hand side)

image.thumb.png.af7cecc1b89b7e12466a86db70271a0b.png

3 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

I just did all of those things and everything works fine at my end. I'm using X11 so maybe it's related to X10. The only other thing is that the plan you posted is just form a regular save. If you do a "Backup Entire Plan" and post it then it will contain everything which might reveal the problem.

You are right... I just downloaded the x11 trial and that plan works perfectly in there. It would seem that is a reason to upgrade. Do you know if there is any improvement in handling large image files in layout view? We need to include flood maps on a lot of our file drawings and they can be >20MB. We try to load those last in the project because of the performance hit.