Crown Molding cut by "Partition" wall Railings

Cheryl_C_Crane

Why is the Railing Pony wall cutting the crown molding again? I thought that we had moved past this. See Photo Walters, Barbara (yes that is her real name) This was done in ver X10. 

Notice that in the closet I threw a 1/2 wall that might be used for a bar and it did NOT cut the crown - and it isn't marked a Partition wall.

I've been in this bathroom too long.I'm tired and missing something right under my nose.

I liked the "Remove Molding this Wall" button because as I remember, it removed molding only on 1 side of the wall. With "No Molding this Wall", neither side has molding.

Yes, I know about molding polylines, and I hate them!

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Crown Molding Test.zip

Waters Batbara Bath PBR 1.jpg

Crown Split by Shower Railing Pony Wall.jpg

Walters Barbara Master Bath PBR1.jpg

On 4/9/2019 at 3:05 PM, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

Why is the Railing Pony wall cutting the crown molding again? I thought that we had moved past this. See Photo Walters, Barbara (yes that is her real name) This was done in ver X10. 

Notice that in the closet I threw a 1/2 wall that might be used for a bar and it did NOT cut the crown - and it isn't marked a Partition wall.

I've been in this bathroom too long.I'm tired and missing something right under my nose.

I liked the "Remove Molding this Wall" button because as I remember, it removed molding only on 1 side of the wall. With "No Molding this Wall", neither side has molding.

the Glass is cutting the Crown , that's why it is not in the Closet as those are standard 1/2 Walls.

I had a play and The Trick is to make a Shelf Ceiling in Both Showers at 110" ( or whatever height you want glass too), uncheck Room has Flat Ceiling and remove the moulding from both Shower Rooms. ie no Crown or Base.

Ps....there's no wall hatch cos you haven't hatched it ? or do you mean the Fill?

* I think it was cos you set the Hatch in the Fill to 4" ...ie wider than the wall's main layer, and the angle was wrong? try 90°

M.

image.thumb.png.e5259de5c980ec1cd64706ac211f208a.pngimage.thumb.png.03702f15eb7f0df342145e2981932c52.pngimage.thumb.png.297b6800fd55f127679c6ffacadcec1a.png

9 hours ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

want to try something else when I return from appt.

There is Crown in the shower using the Shelf Ceiling , check both pics.... the main Room Crown continues around , which is what I thought was desired?

I should of left the plan last night but figured you didn't need it.... but here you go....

Crown Molding Test_MHD.plan

You were spot on about the "no flat ceiling" + "shelf ceiling", Mick.

This is a ver X11 thing.

The training video on building Showers with Railings atop Pony Walls needs to be updated to include changing the ceiling to a shelf type with no flat ceiling on this room.

Whew! Many Thanks, ~Cheryl

(I hope that this thread helps save someone else an hour.)

Okay-dokay, Place a can light in the shower, pull a camera. Where is it?

I assumed that it would be on 1 of the 2 ceilings. It's on the lower one apparently (Shower) - so I raised it. But, it isn't flat, it is following the roof slope. I think that it is because to not have the crown split, the "Flat ceiling over this room" is unchecked.

I don't see where the "don't follow slope' is now. This little bath has become a continuing saga, and it is going to be nearly every bath I design in X11. (!@#$%^)

Brown Tom + Rene.jpg

Can Offset from ceiling.PNG

2 hours ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

Okay-dokay, Place a can light in the shower, pull a camera. Where is it?

I assumed that it would be on 1 of the 2 ceilings. It's on the lower one apparently (Shower) - so I raised it. But, it isn't flat, it is following the roof slope. I think that it is because to not have the crown split, the "Flat ceiling over this room" is unchecked.

I don't see where the "don't follow slope' is now. This little bath has become a continuing saga, and it is going to be nearly every bath I design in X11. (!@#$%^)

Brown Tom + Rene.jpg

Can Offset from ceiling.PNG

Personally I think you need to submit this plan so they can see what is going on with these walls....that ain't right :) , but I am not sure why the Recessed Cans are finding the Roof Sheathing other than they are ignoring the main room Ceiling for some reason?.

In my Plan I found the Lights above the main room ceiling and had to drop them 30-40 inches but they are sloped per the Roof slope  so not much good , usually I want them sloped and they don't want to do it though :)

Some Potlights I made a while back set to insert on the Floor work though ...just raise them to 119 3/4" in this case after dropping them in the Room.

use the 4 or 5" labelled Flr-Mt.

MHD_Potlights_X11.calibz

image.thumb.png.4563eda3e14813147980be97022587f9.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

Mick,  FYI to update: CA Staff is looking into BOTH issues; the Crown Cut and Lighting Fixture finding the wrong surface.

I so very much appreciate your time confirming the unwanted results.

I reported similar earlier and found a way to adjust walls. I don't remember what I did but have the walls saved.

Crown Molding Test2.plan

Shower wall no cut.png

Shower wall standard.png

8 hours ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

Mick,  FYI to update: CA Staff is looking into BOTH issues; the Crown Cut and Lighting Fixture finding the wrong surface.

I so very much appreciate your time confirming the unwanted results.

Thanks for Reporting back Cheryl and letting everyone know.

Always happy to help if I can.....

M.

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Are you guys and gals running the latest update?

assuming you mean 21.1.1.2  then yes I am at least.......

You are talking about a recessed Can above the Shelf Ceiling right?  inside the shower.....

Good find on the Room Molding....... thought I turned it Off? need to look again.

M.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:05 PM, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

Crown Molding Test.zip

Waters Batbara Bath PBR 1.jpg

Crown Split by Shower Railing Pony Wall.jpg

Walters Barbara Master Bath PBR1.jpg

Not sure why I'm bothering at this point but I tried to figure out how I made the wall posted with plan earlier (that solves this).

In the process I found that if you simply select the walls in question and uncheck no room molding the problem with the crown goes away. You can go ahead and drag the walls down but the issue with the room in PBR remains. The wall I posted solves the PBR issue. As it is now the wall I posted is a PIA to get the height correct which was why I tried to figure out what I did.  In any case- image on left is just turning off no room molding, right is using walls posted earlier- just used them on the corner shower here.

My wall on left.png