Standing Seam?

Designer1

Hey Mike,

Old school I guess,Sheet metal for the main layer then Made a 3/8 "x1 1/4" Rafter and raised it above the roof. Gave it the same cooper as the roof metal then transform replicate across the roof. Used the Ridge cap and raised it above the ribs and gave it the same cooper material. Probably more trouble than a lot would do but I've seen people spend more time than that in things I didn't care about. If a client wants to see Standing Seam Roofing I think it ought to look like it. Just me,I guess.

Thanks for asking.Ken

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2019 at 11:22 PM, NRST8TRKR said:

Hey Mike,

Old school I guess,Sheet metal for the main layer then Made a 3/8 "x1 1/4" Rafter and raised it above the roof. Gave it the same cooper as the roof metal then transform replicate across the roof. Used the Ridge cap and raised it above the ribs and gave it the same cooper material. Probably more trouble than a lot would do but I've seen people spend more time than that in things I didn't care about. If a client wants to see Standing Seam Roofing I think it ought to look like it. Just me,I guess.

Thanks for asking.Ken

Wow, that's what I call whipping this program into submission! Nice work, thanks for sharing your technique.

Chad and Chris,

Thanks guys,Sometimes I just can/t let things go. Guys I used to work with on the job used to say thats good enough let it go but thats just not me when I get a bur in my but I just have to work it out, Ha,Ha

Hope you have a great week,Ken