DianeP

dimension without arrow and extension line

Recommended Posts

Is there a way to turn off arrows and extension lines on a dimension style?  For example lot line dimensions where arrows aren't needed but I want them when measuring from the corners of the house to the lot line, so I would make a secondary version for this situation.  Thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DianeP said:

Is there a way to turn off arrows and extension lines on a dimension style?  For example lot line dimensions where arrows aren't needed but I want them when measuring from the corners of the house to the lot line, so I would make a secondary version for this situation.  Thanks!!!

 

 

 

You can just use a CAD Line Diane and use the checkbox to "show length"   , I also use the "arrow" that is a circle or the Circle with a filled Dot for Plot Plans too

 

 

image.thumb.png.d382c66994778e2ddf7f6bf7d6d7d954.pngimage.thumb.png.bb58c24dc11041e71b2e95c078c8ede4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mick to the rescue once again!!! How can I change the number style on this.  Mine is in feet and inches instead of decimal feet and the number is too small.  Thanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DianeP said:

Mick to the rescue once again!!! How can I change the number style on this.  Mine is in feet and inches instead of decimal feet and the number is too small.  Thanks!!

 

 

Change the Line's Layer to CAD,Plot PLAN  ..............I'd have thought it was there already if you are in the Plot Plan Anno though?

 

image.thumb.png.97bbf1c4081e666a4048bddd377ecef0.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it was imported geometry from AutoCAD so it had the name that was assigned to the layer in autocad.  Changed it to layer you suggested and POOF it works. just had to go to the default settings for CAD defaults and change them to decimal dimensions.  Thanks!!!

image.thumb.png.52317b3156a6b62f334931b84dc09416.pngimage.thumb.png.951fa082d90539ba726b717ee6fb8f0e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mick,  The Layer can control the text style but I was not aware it was capable of controlling the Displayed Line Length Format.

 

I know we have been asking for it but how are you doing that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Mick,  The Layer can control the text style but I was not aware it was capable of controlling the Displayed Line Length Format.

 

I know we have been asking for it but how are you doing that ?

7 minutes ago, DianeP said:

it was imported geometry from AutoCAD so it had the name that was assigned to the layer in autocad.  Changed it to layer you suggested and POOF it works. just had to go to the default settings for CAD defaults and change them to decimal dimensions.  Thanks!!!

image.thumb.png.52317b3156a6b62f334931b84dc09416.pngimage.thumb.png.951fa082d90539ba726b717ee6fb8f0e.png

Chopsaw if I undestand your question, Mick put the line on CAD,Plot PLAN layer which automatically gave it the right size text.  I then went to the defaults for CAD default and changed the format to ' instead of ' and " and made sure there were just 2 decimal points.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Mick,  The Layer can control the text style but I was not aware it was capable of controlling the Displayed Line Length Format.

 

I know we have been asking for it but how are you doing that ?

 

If the Line is drawn in the Plot Plan Anno it will use the Plot Plan Text Style........ so when you turn the length on it should already be using the Plan Plan Text Style

 

you could change it in any Anno to PP Text Style but you'd need to put the line on a New CAD Layer, as if you changed the CAD, Default Layer to PP Text Style any CAd line would change their Label too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DianeP said:

it was imported geometry from AutoCAD so it had the name that was assigned to the layer in autocad.  Changed it to layer you suggested and POOF it works. just had to go to the default settings for CAD defaults and change them to decimal dimensions.  Thanks!!!

image.thumb.png.52317b3156a6b62f334931b84dc09416.pngimage.thumb.png.951fa082d90539ba726b717ee6fb8f0e.png

 

I forgot you asked about the Decimal foot issue too , that should work I think as normally you only display line length in Plot Plans so it would be in decimal feet anyway..... Dimensions should stay as they are in ft-in etc I think.

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but is there a way to associate the "Displayed Line Length Format" with the Annoset ?

 

I quite often switch between metric and imperial plot plans and have to switch the way Diane just outlined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes but is there a way to associate the "Displayed Line Length Format" with the Annoset ?

 

I quite often switch between metric and imperial plot plans and have to switch the way Diane just outlined.

 

I don't think so if I understand what you are wanting to do......

 

but what you could do perhaps is use the secondary dimension Format below the line and display the Imperial number above, and turn primary or secondary on and off as needed..... for dimensions , not sure if that is possible with lines?  need to look....

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup.  No secondary dimension format for cad lines.  So back to the suggestion forum I suppose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yup.  No secondary dimension format for cad lines.  So back to the suggestion forum I suppose.

 

 

It's pretty easy to snap Point to Point Dims around a copy / or over the Plot Plan........with both Formats showing

 

M.

image.thumb.png.3bcb3636d8a08cc419d2c304e06105a1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27879
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    baseja63
    Newest Member
    baseja63
    Joined