X11

Designer1

Does anyone know how to reset X11 to just have its new default plan selected when you select "new plan"?  This is the first time Ive installed a new version of Chief and it pulled forward a new plan template from X9 whenever I select new plan.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the replies.  Previously in all my chief versions when I went to click on new plan it was chiefs default new plan and I liked it that way.  Whenever I started a new plan I could use my template by searching under new plan template.  Problem is now the "new plan" under chiefs menu is a template from my x9 and I don't know how it got there.  So if Im looking to reset it to whatever chief X11 new plan is how do I do that?

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah I cant seem to find what the name is for the default x11.  I guess Ill just reset the whole thing since its still new and hopefully it will just be the regular out of the box stuff.

It's called Residential Template.plan     (Or Residential TemplateM if Metric)

should be in Documents\Chief Architect Premier X11 Data\Templates

or if it was overwritten by the migration a backup is in

C:\Program Files\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X11 (64 bit)\Templates

Thanks everyone for the replies.  Joe, thanks for posting those pictures as that made it 100% more understandable as Ive never had to mess with any preference plans for the last 16 years using chief so this was a new one. I have made a new plan template for myself but never had to mess with the default one.  Thanks for taking the extra time to post those pictures they sure helped me a lot!

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Thanks everyone for the replies.  Joe, thanks for posting those pictures as that made it 100% more understandable as Ive never had to mess with any preference plans for the last 16 years using chief so this was a new one. I have made a new plan template for myself but never had to mess with the default one.  Thanks for taking the extra time to post those pictures they sure helped me a lot!

Your welcome!

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

It maybe that even though I clean installed , CA used the existing .ini file as I didn't realise it didn't get deleted when you uninstall, so the Preferences etc were already set.

That sounds like a logical explanation.

I left x10 alone when I installed x11 but I excepted to update all my files and then I went in and fixed the default plan and reset everything so I still have my plan files the way they were but my new plan file is set out of the box Chief.

I wanted the out of the box plan and I'm rebuilding my new template file from it

6 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I left x10 alone when I installed x11 but I excepted to update all my files and then I went in and fixed the default plan and reset everything so I still have my plan files the way they were but my new plan file is set out of the box Chief.

I wanted the out of the box plan and I'm rebuilding my new template file from it

That was my Plan too , that's why I uninstalled before Installing the Public Beta for X11, and have already started my New Template setup but am now wondering if I Started with the right File...

7 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

I think you might be looking in the wrong folder or it got mixed up.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.abc817708f09e3fac9d83c47d5df642e.PNG

Thanks Joe, I renamed the Original Folder (-Orig) Yesterday , and copied my X10 Templates Folder into CA/DATA/X11 , so I had all my old Templates too

Did the same for Textures and Toolbars actually

So maybe I have messed something up with all my copying and pasting, will have to look into it more now....

M.