Estimating Software

builtright3

29 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Is there any estimating software that integrates with Chief yet or is it a better Idea to build it within Chief or not do it at all with Chief?

Not that I am aware of yet , and unless X11 just changed the ML for the better , it does not do a full industry standard take-off yet, it only lists exactly what is in the model ...without alot of work adding components and accessories etc yourself to each Item and working with macros etc......

this is also something I have wanted for a long while now as a Builder too.

58 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Not that I am aware of yet , and unless X11 just changed the ML for the better , it does not do a full industry standard take-off yet, it only lists exactly what is in the model ...without alot of work adding components and accessories etc yourself to each Item and working with macros etc......

I have an estimating program that I built for my business in excel years ago and it has developed a lot over the years. I kept it very simple. Trying to figure a way to get it to work with Chief somehow.

14 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Hi Mick,

Ca is getting there slowly but surely, The componets are great now only wonder if the can do this for every thing that is the question!

I have played a bit with the walls and i can pullout quite a bit of info from the wall areas eg sand, cement, wall ties, flashing etc

The component list in the dilog box is so good you can add anything you need. 

Hopefully it will be all complete when we come out of Beta.

Maybe a good video with a few macros would be nice.