Build Framing Is Effecting The Garage Foundation

builtright3

I have different elevation settings for my garage foundation then the house living space. Every time I try to build the framing it changes the foundation elevations of the garage and also messes up my roof. I have been using this program for many years and I don't understand why I am having this problem.

Can anyone help me?

Perry,

I added my ugly mug so you can see my happy face! I feel a little stupid though. I was changing my foundation, room and framing defaults and did not even think of the floor defaults. I changed the floor defaults and all my troubles went away. I have been using chief for many years and every once an a while I get hung up on the most simplest thing. Thank you for your help!!!

Joe

Perry,

I added my ugly mug so you can see my happy face! I feel a little stupid though. I was changing my foundation, room and framing defaults and did not even think of the floor defaults. I changed the floor defaults and all my troubles went away. I have been using chief for many years and every once an a while I get hung up on the most simplest thing. Thank you for your help!!!

Joe

Hey Joe,  take off the hat,  put on some sunglasses,  angle your head,  post your plan,  and then you will be as good looking as Perry and someone might help you with your foundation.

oh-oh, the master has arrived. I'm just the grasshopper. Where's your crown old master.

Are you guys meeting w/ Doug today??

I have not heard from Doug yet.  He's probably busy fixing his tail light or oiling his chain.

You know,  I am sort of jealous of what he is doing.  For two months that guy is riding a bike across the USA.  3000 miles.  Over 55 miles per day............  uhhhhh......  maybe I am not so jealous.

Scott,

When my friends and I were bicycle touring we averaged about 70 miles a day but we only went for 2 week trips.  Two whole months living out of touring paniers (saddlebags) could be a bit of a strain.

JC,  I  just heard from Doug,  I am going to take him out to lunch today after my 11:00 appt.  Going to Harbor Island  (Debra Cohn restaurant overlooking the bay)....  I think.  I know you are busy today,  but I told him I would love to take him out to lunch tomorrow also and maybe you can make it too.

This trip of his is really awesome.  2 months with no work but cycling across the USA,  what a memory this will be for him and his compadres.