Doug_N

Angle Iron Lintels

Any window opening in a masonry wall usually requires an angle iron lintel.  That seems to be a problem for CA.  Although there is a lintel option for windows, you have to do the lintel manually or create a profile for it.  The lintel doesn't show up correctly in the window schedule if it is an angle, i.e. 3 1/2 x 4 x 1/4 LLV (long leg vertical.)

Does anyone have a workaround?

Sorry no help it sounds like a good feature suggestion as  brick just don’t float on there own 

2 hours ago, Doug_N said:

Any window opening in a masonry wall usually requires an angle iron lintel.  That seems to be a problem for CA

The Lintel Option in CA is not really for what we think of as (structural) Lintels over Doors and Windows , all it really does is let us use a different size casing on the Top vs the sides and Butt joint them instead of Mitering the Corners. YOu can't even set it up for say a 8"x8" Concrete Lintel (similar to a Soldier Course) over an Opening.

The is an L Angle in the Bonus Beam Catalog but they do not report to any Schedule Either as they are really Geometric shapes I found out recently.

When you use a brick or other masonry type wall the Overhang gets cut off , so no much use as a Structure Lintel to even fake it....

You can add a Comment to the Window's Object Information Panel in a Custom Lintel Field ( with Width macro) so it is added to the Materials List Under Masonry as seen

below , but you could add it to any Category, I just chose Masonry as the Mason would Supply it.

image.thumb.png.47d0bbc86eb00b0eef8d5c80f2254b0e.pngimage.thumb.png.bb86d743984a2ed9d82b052129f1a8c4.pngimage.thumb.png.ab9d6b085f6f6be0352f55f44fc627ae.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Stevemrb
    Newest Member
    Stevemrb

• By HDbyJustin
      Hello everybody. I have recently made the jump from the Home Designer Pro series to Premier X12. I have a client that wants the windows to be labeled with letters instead of numbers. I have not seen a way to change that but am I missing something?
    • By DTCBuild
      I design for a builder who uses concrete walls (Ritek). The builder wants the plans to show the window size correctly with the cutout 40mm larger all round. I see you can do this with stem walls. Is there a work around for normal walls? Doors are ok, I just make the jamb 40mm wide. This doesn’t seem to work for windows. The wall manufacturer wants to read my cad files, measuring the rough openings.  Any suggestions would be great, thanks
    • By mborean
      I need to draw a greenhouse window in an as-built drawing such as in the attached photo. The Bay or Box window doesn't work as it   places walls under the three windows.  If there is a symbol out there I can't find it.  Anyone run across this.

Thanks

• By ChiefArchitect
      The foyer space shares a wall with one of the bedroom spaces. For this option, the first floor plate height was lifted to 9', allowing possible room for transom windows. We set up the default window and door trim to include a custom lintel molding from the WindsorONE catalog, and also used matching base molding to create a consistent look.
    • By verticalworks
      I have a window arrangement that has a space between them and would like to get the inside to look good with the casing so I can render it. Of course I can mull the trapezoid and one casement but cannot add the other due to the distance. Is there a work around for this?