stager386

Decorative Wall Panels

I am trying to add shaker style wall panels to a room and there seems to only be a raised panel option.  Shaker style door fronts have to be applied to a cabinet. What am I missing?

You can use a simple Base cabinet reduced to 1" depth and apply it to the wall, or use the material wall region tool under walls to make any pattern. Cuts well around windows too. 

Image2.png

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

You can also just manually place any cabinet door style from the library directly into the plan as a fixture.

Thanks. But placing door frames as fixtures means I have double the frame when I want it to look more like a grid.

8 minutes ago, stager386 said:

Thanks. But placing door frames as fixtures means I have double the frame when I want it to look more like a grid.

Those wall panels do the same thing.   I think what you're really after needs to be done with moldings, wall material regions, primitives, or a special customized symbol set as Inserts Into Wall.  Wall panels aren't the right tool though IMO.

3 hours ago, stager386 said:

I am trying to add shaker style wall panels to a room

Most often I use cabinets as was suggested elsewhere-plan attached -couple of examples and a door symbols to use. Open door symbol and look at the stretch planes and origin. Open the cabinet to see the difference between them and how configured-note that the back is important.

Panels.jpg

Shaker Wainscot.plan