rockyshepheard

Missing all 'floor and a half' walls

I have created a perimeter on the first floor. Then created a second floor. Then created a smaller perimeter for the 'floor and a half '.

I build the roof and it looks good except all the walls are missing on the floor and a half level.

I thought you needed walls to make a roof unless you used room dividers. I didn't use room dividers and got the same effect somehow.

I would prefer to see the walls.

Any thoughts as to what tick I may have erroneously ticked?

Thanks!

missing floor and a half gable walls.jpg

8 minutes ago, rockyshepheard said:

I have created a perimeter on the first floor.

Does perimeter = walls?

Posting your plan file will help others help you. Close out of Chief first.

Your 1st. floor roof is cutting off the 2nd. floor walls.

Try rebuilding the roof. Be sure you have room definition on the 2nd. floor. I'll look at your plan in a little while if someone doesn't beat me to it. Worse case would be to edit the roof planes. Should only take a minute to do that.

Not sure what's going on but I could fix it manually.

Edited 1st, floor roof manually based on your wall placement. Personally I think you need to redesign this.

test 1.jpg

test 2.jpg

test 3.jpg

If you want the plan, let me know. I opened it in X10.

2 hours ago, tommy1 said:

Not sure what's going on but I could fix it manually. 

Yep  some strange goings on ..... I think while you Practice? Rocky , I'd try with a new CA OOB Default Template plan , it looks like the Roof Hole around the 2nd storey Walls isn't being generated for some reason... and like your other Thread there are weird little roof planes here and there, even using Auto Roofs.....

53 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Yep  some strange goings on ..... I think while you Practice? Rocky , I'd try with a new CA OOB Default Template plan , it looks like the Roof Hole around the 2nd storey Walls isn't being generated for some reason... and like your other Thread there are weird little roof planes here and there, even using Auto Roofs.....

Yea. I did something similar in a new plan and everything generated just fine. Anyway, if I run into something that doesn't generate automatically correct, then I don't fight the program, doing it manually will get it done faster.

There is definitely a bug that needs to be worked out with that plan/situation.  Please make sure to send things like that in to tech support.  I have no reason whatsoever to think it's user error in this case.