All my Catalogs Disappeared

ChrisinAZ

My Core, Manufacturer and User catalogs have all disappeared. If I go to Library -> Manage Library Filters, I can see them all(the catalogs) with the option to 'hide in Library Browser'. I've tried 'Update Library Catalogs' and 'Install Core Content'. I've tried rebooting. Typing a key word in the Library search box doesn't pull anything up. I'm sure it's something simple. Anyone have any idea? (X10)

CAPIC.JPG

I also have seen the Filter cause issues like this but if you are not Filtering you should see something in the library.....

You haven't moved the location of My Documents in windows 10 have you?

are the folders and Files still where Preferences>General>Folders>[Show button]> User/Core/Bonus/Manu. Libraries should be....

If not don't use the Program too much until Support Opens , Call them and see if they can recover them ...if you have a backup of you User Library I would wait till you talk to Support so you don't overwrite anything by mistake.

If you ave a Full system Image Backup that maybe an Option too.

Hi Kbird1. I don't think I moved the location of Documents in Win 10. It looks like everything is in there.  I'm a new CA user and my User catalog doesn't have enough in it yet to get upset about losing it. I put in a request on the CA site late Friday. I guess they must be closed on weekends. I'll try calling tomorrow(holiday for us in usa) or Tues. Thank you for the assist.

CAPIC4.JPG

2 hours ago, ChrisinAZ said:

Hi Kbird1. I don't think I moved the location of Documents in Win 10. It looks like everything is in there.  I'm a new CA user and my User catalog doesn't have enough in it yet to get upset about losing it. I put in a request on the CA site late Friday. I guess they must be closed on weekends. I'll try calling tomorrow(holiday for us in usa) or Tues. Thank you for the assist.

CAPIC4.JPG

Yes Monday to Friday only 7am-5pm PST, Closed for all US Holidays + possibly any State Hols. in IDAHO?

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/company/contact.html

If you weren't trying to set up a Filter or something and have done something inadvertently then I am not sure anyone here on the Forums can help.

--- try making a new Filter called Core....now select everything BUT anything listed under Core.....  ( to my mind Filter setup works backwards ie you deselect what you want to see.) 

--- If it is a totally new Install and you won't lose anything , then I'd try an uninstall and reinstall or from Control Panel try this 1st....select CA and see if there is a Reinstall>Repair Option, which will reset CA to how you Installed it.

Before the Above actually , in Preferences at the Bottom you will see Reset Options>  perhaps try them all ? but I don't think any of them is specific to your issue...

M.

No sure about state holidays in Idaho, I'm in Arizona but it's Veterans Day in the US. Many US business's are closed. I may have done something inadvertently, certainly wouldn't be without precedence for me. Computer Science I am not. Thanks for taking the time to think it through Kbird1 and for your replies. I'll try them when they reopen. I'll respond once I talk to them about the issue and fix on this post. Thanks again for your time.

ChrisinAZ

• 3 years later...

I think the original poster's problem had to do with library filters.   If you are not using any filters, then the folders should all show in the browser.

This could also be the result of changing the folder used to store the library files.  Check your preferences to see where the library files are stored and make sure that you actually have a Core Libraries folder and that it has a bunch of .calib files in it.  If not, then maybe they were moved or maybe they somehow got corrupted.  In either case, you should be able to download them again.

You might also want to see if this tech article helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00091/restoring-chief-architect-content.html#restorecore

There are also a number of other tech articles related to libraries that can be found here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/category/6/libraries.html

If all else fails, you may wan to contact technical support during their normal business hours (they will not be in until Monday because they are closed for Thanksgiving).

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue, so maybe this will help someone who's not that slick at computers like me.  First I went to my library preferences and selected hide all on each column. I clicked ok. I then reopened it and deselected all on each column. I then updated my library items which took a while. After this I still could not see any library content or headings.  Nothing was showing even when I did a search for an item. Turned out the small window that shows my library catalogs and content somehow had shrunk down while I was working! I must have slid my curser over it or something. I just pulled it down and it was fixed! Yay! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2021 at 8:22 PM, daveswork said:

I had the same issue, so maybe this will help someone who's not that slick at computers like me.  First I went to my library preferences and selected hide all on each column. I clicked ok. I then reopened it and deselected all on each column. I then updated my library items which took a while. After this I still could not see any library content or headings.  Nothing was showing even when I did a search for an item. Turned out the small window that shows my library catalogs and content somehow had shrunk down while I was working! I must have slid my curser over it or something. I just pulled it down and it was fixed! Yay! 

OH MY GOODNESS you just saved my life! Lol I am laughing... Just glad I'm not the only one who did this!!

• Upvote 1