IMAGES AND PDFS DRAGGED IN LAYOUT SHEET "X" SCREW UP TEXT ARROWS ON LAYOUT SHEET "Y" UGH!!!

Renerabbitt

I've recently transitioned into doing most of my annotations in layout. I know there are very few people in these forums that do this, it is a preference of mine for my workflow and I find myself pumping out CD's a lot faster with my new methods. That being said their exists a HUGE frustration of mine. When I add an image or PDF to a layout sheet and then drag it around or resize it, for some reason CAD arrows on another sheet bind to the image or PDF and drag as well, screwing up sometimes HOURS of work across multiple different pages. My solution is to CAD block my annotations, but I still forget as this is counter intuitive. Please let me know if their is a fix for this! The text should bind to what it was intended only on the page it was intended to!!

cad arrows.PNG

Rene,

That's why I do all the annotation in the Plan.  

1. It keeps the annotation attached to the Plan Objects
  2. Text Size and Style are consistent
  3. Arrow Size and Style are consistent

When annotation is done in the Layout - arrows connect to Layout Boxes or other objects in the Layout such as Images & PDFs.  That's not what I we want.  

8 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Rene,

That's why I do all the annotation in the Plan.  

1. It keeps the annotation attached to the Plan Objects
  2. Text Size and Style are consistent
  3. Arrow Size and Style are consistent

When annotation is done in the Layout - arrows connect to Layout Boxes or other objects in the Layout such as Images & PDFs.  That's not what I we want.  

Yes, I know the arguments here, its been a conscious effort, and good to note for those curious so thank you. I will continue to work in layout though and hope that this gets fixed, I have my own reasons for wanting to work in layout, it suits me on a number of levels.

• 3 weeks later...

Rene:

until there is a "fix" make frequent backups by doing "save as" and adding date/time to the file name

then a second "save as" as your standard file name to keep plan and layout linked together

doing a dual "save as" is very fast and when in heavy edit mode I do them as often as every 5 minutes

or when I finish a task I don't want to repeat

there is still the problem of not noticing the "error" until later :(

Lew