Sq. Ft.

WAGSDSN35

Hi Chief users.  I have a simple quick question here.  I know of course sq. ft. is calculated & labeled on our flr. plans.  I want to be able to calc. manually & for the life of me am not able to find where to do that.  Also, when it is calc'd out automatic, is it from the interior or exterior perimeter?

thanx

Jim

I trace a line around the outside of the frame of all living area and assign it to a layer I created called - "A hidden lines".  I put an A in front of all layers I create so they're on top of the list.  If you select the line it will give you the square footage.  For the 2nd floor that "polyline" doesn't include any attic eaves area, open to below area or the stair opening.  When I'm done putting the numbers from the living area to my title page on the layout I turn off that layer.

I do this with garage area, covered porches and decks.  I charge all at different rates.

>Also, when it is calc'd out automatic, is it from the interior or exterior perimeter?

Chief architect has two:

standard area - lying dimensions (middle of interior wall to outer layer of exterior wall).

interior area    - interior perimeter.

> I want to be able to calc. manually & for the life of me am not able to find where to do that.

Click on outside perimeter, create living area  polyline, or if you want room area - select a room, hit "Make Standard Area Polyline" button.

Create a macro e.g. PolylineArea - "owner.area.round(2)", assigned this new macro "%PolylineArea%" to your polyline label.

Adjust you polylines to whatever area you want calculating, hide when done.

On 9/28/2018 at 11:50 AM, WAGSDSN35 said:

Hi Chief users.  I have a simple quick question here.  I know of course sq. ft. is calculated & labeled on our flr. plans.  I want to be able to calc. manually & for the life of me am not able to find where to do that.  Also, when it is calc'd out automatic, is it from the interior or exterior perimeter?

Howdy Jim,

It depends on your settings. In X10 go to Default Settings/Plan/Living Area and you can select Main Layer or Surface. 

Manually, what I do is use the Make Room Polyline tool as above. Just make sure the polyline is outlining what you want.