pgjacob

Can't play large walkthrough AVI files

I have created a ~3000 frame walkthrough and Windows Media player cannot play it (it will play smaller files of at least 1400 frames).  So I am pretty sure it is a WMP thing.  Is there a program that can handle this, or convert to a different file type?

thanks

melissa

You might update your codec also.  I remember having a similar issue that was solved by doing that. I also changed the video format I saved to, so you have a few options.

It maybe a memory issue with WMP trying to load a file of that size , perhaps try a different Codec eg XVID or X264vfw, I found both made much smaller Files back in March in this thread.... VideoLan will play both if WMP doesn't, it is also a great free program.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/17455-x10-windows-7-video-card/?do=findComment&comment=146648

On 9/19/2018 at 10:39 PM, Kbird1 said:

It maybe a memory issue with WMP trying to load a file of that size , perhaps try a different Codec eg XVID or X264vfw, I found both made much smaller Files back in March in this thread.... VideoLan will play both if WMP doesn't, it is also a great free program.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/17455-x10-windows-7-video-card/?do=findComment&comment=146648

I've heard about XVID and downloaded it but not sure how to get it to load into my options for a  walkthrough codec in the drop-down menu. Am I supposed to put it in a specific file or folder? Cause it ain't there...

55 minutes ago, DH7777 said:

I've heard about XVID and downloaded it but not sure how to get it to load into my options for a  walkthrough codec in the drop-down menu. Am I supposed to put it in a specific file or folder? Cause it ain't there...

It must be installed after downloading , not just downloaded..... then you should be able to change the Codec in Preferences>Render to XVID (or X264VFW if installed)

M.

16 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

It must be installed after downloading , not just downloaded..... then you should be able to change the Codec in Preferences>Render to XVID (or X264VFW if installed)

M.

Mick, I figured it needed to be installed after downloading but I'm just not sure how or where I do the install part to get it to show up in my codec options. It is downloaded on to my computer now though... Actually, I think I remember downloading it and it may have had and install step and I did that but if it installed it just went somewhere on my computer. I watched a youtuber and he made it sound as if you download and install and it automatically will appear in your CA ready to be used. That did not happen for me, unfortunately. I need it spelled out for me step by step I guess.

17 hours ago, solver said:

Did you search the forum or XVID?

No sir I did not. I will though. thanks