Aamir77

ARCHITECTURAL BLOCK IN CAMERA VIEW

Hi,

I am facing a problem and need your kind guidance in fixing the issue. I have made an architectural block and have stored it into my user catalogue for future installations which is a window grill.i have made a triple story house and on first and second floor grill is installed with the windows but on third floor whenever I try to fit in the grill with the window it disappears in camera view but remains present in plan view.what could be the cause?

Have you checked the Z-value of the third floor symbol? Otherwise, I don't think we can help unless you post the plan file.

Does an architectural block saved inside the user catalogue posses the x,y and z values? I found none.

If I try to put the symbol within the camera view, the size of the symbol enlarges and because the architectural blocks are uneditable once stored in the user catalogue. I fail to fix the issue.

38 minutes ago, rlackore said:

Have you checked the Z-value of the third floor symbol? Otherwise, I don't think we can help unless you post the plan file.

6 minutes ago, rlackore said:

Capture.thumb.JPG.0b2f8c450afaa708431a470c22702bbd.JPG

I do not have this option to choose the height from the floor or offset from the ceiling and yes the problem is with offset. Because symbol is made at ground floor and if I try to put it on the 2nd floor it stays at its basic ground floor level in camera view. I am amazed at my own that how did I managed when I copy pasted the same symbol as of ground floor and it is showing both in plan view and camera view on the first floor!

Have you tried exploding the block? Otherwise, post the plan.

Just now, rlackore said:

Have you tried exploding the block? Otherwise, post the plan.

exploding the block and rejoining the sticks into a frame is a tedious thing that's why I did not opt for this trial. If this way is the only solution, I better make a new grill on the third floor.

Why don't you create a new plan, insert the Architectural Block, explode it, then create a Symbol. You should have complete control of the Symbol when you insert it into your existing plan.

1 minute ago, rlackore said:

Why don't you create a new plan, insert the Architectural Block, explode it, then create a Symbol. You should have complete control of the Symbol when you insert it into your existing plan.

I really did not know this method before!

I had this problem a while ago. I believe the issue is that the blocks position defines where the blocks boundary cad box displays, the actual elements within the block will display according to their individual locations as defined within the block. You need to access the individual items within the block to make sure their location references are correct.

3 minutes ago, rlackore said:

will i have to recreate the block after exploding to make it symbol again?

Here are the steps:

1. File>New Plan.

2. Insert the Architectural Block from your User Library into the new plan.

3. Select the Architectural Block and Right Click>Explode Architectural Block.

4. Open an Orthographic Full Overview.

5. Tools>Symbol>Convert to Symbol. Select the appropriate options as you progress through the symbol creation dialog box. Be sure to save the Symbol to your User Library.

6. Return to your existing house plan, and insert the Symbol on the floor you want it to display on. Select the Symbol and Right Click>Open Object>General>Size/Position.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rlackore said:

Here are the steps:

1. File>New Plan.

2. Insert the Architectural Block from your User Library into the new plan.

3. Select the Architectural Block and Right Click>Explode Architectural Block.

4. Open an Orthographic Full Overview.

5. Tools>Symbol>Convert to Symbol. Select the appropriate options as you progress through the symbol creation dialog box. Be sure to save the Symbol to your User Library.

6. Return to your existing house plan, and insert the Symbol on the floor you want it to display on. Select the Symbol and Right Click>Open Object>General>Size/Position.

Issue solved. Thank you for your kind attention and help.

Select the Cad Block in plan view on the third floor and open Transform/Replicate...Move...Z Delta.

Enter either an Absolute or Relative To Itself height for the block.