Disappearing Curser in Version X10

archdesign_106

After upgrading to version X10 I created a new database for a project. After creating and working in a new plan file, I went into a full perspective view to look at what I was working on in 3D. after exiting the view and back on my plan view, the curser would not come back. I had to exit the program and reopen the file to get it back. Anyone else having this issue. I also emailed support and waiting for a response.

I have never seen or heard of this happening in any version since I started back in Version 4. Never the less, PC's and Mac's tend to be wild variables unto themselves and on individual PC's. Most such unwanted behavior can be "cured" simply by saving-closing- and then reopening the software. If it persists, I would first look at my software drivers for the video card and mouse, then a general maintenance check on my computer, then its hardware. I doubt that you will get much agreeing feedback on the issue you are complaining of, we will see.

DJP

I have lost the cursor on occasion ONLY when working in either OpenOffice or LibreOffice then going back to another program, often Chief. Have never lost it just working in Chief. It may also have to do with using multiple monitors since if I'm in one of those two programs they are always on a different monitor. I use Ultramon for monitor management and have a hotkey set to center the cursor on the primary screen which always brings the cursor back.

5 hours ago, archdesign_106 said:

After upgrading to version X10 I created a new database for a project. After creating and working in a new plan file, I went into a full perspective view to look at what I was working on in 3D. after exiting the view and back on my plan view, the curser would not come back. I had to exit the program and reopen the file to get it back. Anyone else having this issue. I also emailed support and waiting for a response.

This has typically been happening in X10 to people without the latest Nvidia Drivers installed ( 399.07 is latest currently ) , you are the 2nd or 3rd report I have seen this week and upgrading the Drivers fixed it for them.

Desktop

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/137270

Notebook/Laptop Drivers

https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/137272

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version, and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............

See mine below in Blue for how to do that.
If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to Toggle it on by going to the Upper RH Corner of this Forum Window and Clicking on your Username and making sure Signature are enabled (green) and then Add your Own Sig. too :

UserName> Account > Signatures

M.