Can you figure out what this is?

dshall

2 hours ago, dshall said:

I tried it and it did not help. Did you try it.

As I said in previous post,  giving the fence a ROOM DEFINITION,  cleared  up the issue....  very strange

It does seem like a strange Fence definition and with this weirdness (and the framing issue, perhaps SAM is finally catching upto you ?, ie bringing stuff into X10 from Older Plans?

Scott,

I have had another look at your fence problem.

I believe it is being caused by your floor definitions in the garage.

There seems to be some conflicting information with the garage  floor in the foundation and the garage floor on level 1.

Can you tell me what the various floor/ceiling  absolute heights are meant to be for the garage and the foundation room below.

What is absolute height for top of stemwall meant to be - zero?

Is the garage slab a mono slab provided from the floor below?

I assume that you built the slab/footings manually?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, glennw said:

Scott,

I have had another look at your fence problem.

I believe it is being caused by your floor definitions in the garage.

There seems to be some conflicting information with the garage  floor in the foundation and the garage floor on level 1.

Can you tell me what the various floor/ceiling  absolute heights are meant to be for the garage and the foundation room below.

What is absolute height for top of stemwall meant to be - zero?

Is the garage slab a mono slab provided from the floor below?

I assume that you built the slab/footings manually?

Hey Glenn,  I think you called out,  my garage definition at level 1 was incorrect.  Thanks!

It was also fixed by giving that particular fence segment as having a room def also helped.

Occasionally I have seen this in the past and I think it might also have something to do with if the project has a mixture of mono slab and raised foundation.

I do not think I have ever seen this issue if I was only dealing with a mono slab.  Many variables,  not sure what necessarily causes what.

BTW,  I do not think the stem wall height at garage has a bearing on the issues.  The stem wall could be zero....  I am not sure why I did not have it as zero...... I just might do a video on this to satisfy my own curiosity on the variables.

• Upvote 1