Exterior wall question

Larry_Sweeney

I have a model that has different size floor joist in different areas. If I want the bottom of the exterior walls to show in exterior views to all line up with the lowest wall how best should this be accomplished? Using p-solids I think is most logical or is there a better way? I would like not to pull the whole wall down, but just show in cross sections the sheeting and siding lowered.

1 hour ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

I was just wondering if there was better faster solution.

Place an air gap in your floor layer definition and it will bring that wall down to cover.  Same situation as a seasonal structure on piers that has the floor sitting on beams that you want to cover.

3 hours ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Mick...............First picture is what I started with5b78539bbc6b3_Bottomofwall.thumb.JPG.4bf0501ea79ccc6f5f9f52d881931c29.JPG   Second and third picture is what I did with p-solids. 5b78536545556_wallextended.thumb.JPG.78d3ea2bfb68acf25ee8f3d559aa20af.JPG     5b7853b91002d_wallloweredcrosssection.thumb.JPG.5dcafb076617856000a7ff120a2aff7f.JPG   I was just wondering if there was better faster solution.

How are you making the pics Larry?   they are really Tiny , try the Windows Snipping Tool...see my Signature for a how too.

Ok I think I get it now........... the floors are the same heights but different thicknesses...... and you want the siding all the way down.....

I have not tried it but I think CS's method of adding an AirGap/Opening-No Material to the bottom of the Floor Structure should work as CA is hard-coded to drop the siding to the bottom of the Floor Platform.

M.

Chopsaw..............I will try that. Sounds good to me.

Mick.................I did use the Windows Snipping Tool. Maybe adding them "into" the thread instead of just leaving them as attachments is what caused them to be so small.

Chopsaw & Mick..............Thank you both for your time and knowledge. Have a great day.

1 hour ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

Mick.................I did use the Windows Snipping Tool. Maybe adding them "into" the thread instead of just leaving them as attachments is what caused them to be so small.

I use the Plus button to add them to the Post where I want them too, but I haven't seen the Snipping Tool make such small pics before , unless you are using a small monitor/screen? as I think the snipping tool captures at true screen size..... which I guess is why mine are big (32" screen)