unique wall question

MarkSM

im trying to create this exterior wall feature where the wall actually tapers in as it goes up. im not sure of the correct term so im having a hard time finding anything on here or CA.  anyone have any idea how to pull this off?

5b651b950b46b_ScreenShot2018-08-03at10_17_45PM.thumb.png.528085dd43de742712f63c0eae74b045.png

On 8/3/2018 at 10:53 PM, solver said:

I'd call that a battered wall.

You can also do it with moldings or solids. There is a column in the library -- might be from a bonus library, that is upside down from what you need, but may be rotated.

ct1.thumb.jpg.875a5bed7d76d92dfb5d78ff54cc3708.jpg

Hey Eric. That worked great. My only question is can I manipulate that column at all? im trying to change the angle and all I can do is change the width and height.

1 hour ago, solver said:

Not like you need to do.

I'd draw a polyline solid in elevation making it whatever shape you need.

This but do a cad detail from view so snaps work everywhere.   Then draw shape the size you need then copy/paste/hold position so you can get perfect alignment.   I usually snap to the outside of the veneer and then match materials.

You will end up with a CAD line which can be erased when you send to layout.

3 minutes ago, MarkSM said:

ok, so what's the secret in creating a PS that tapers up on one side?  ive tried changing every value I can but I can't get that shape.

Draw it in elevation view and you should be good.