CA X10 Trial Version Low Quality

AnotherCADUser

I've just downloaded X10 Trial to see how it goes on a new high spec computer I bought. The normal camera view is really really low quality (see attached). I can't make out textures or anything and the cornice lines are grainy as. I've got x8 on a Mac Mini and it's better than this. 

Is this because it's a trial version, or is there a setting to increase the quality? 

I'm running 8mb ram with a 6gb NVideo graphics card. 

Does the rendering (standard and Ray Trace) and quality rely on internet connection? The internet has been really slow the last few days and I've noticed Ray Tracing is taking a long time and the final finish isn't as good as it used to be. 

CA exterior.png

CA interior.png

I have never heard of the trial version having lower quality

there must be another issue - with settings or the video card or ???

probably best to contact CA's tech support

they are closed on the weekends

Lew

as in real life, those views depend on lighting, it makes all the difference in the world. Learn about it here by searching this forum, there are many many posts on that. You might try the Physically based mode instead of a raytraced, much faster.

My 1st guess would be Ambient Occlusion is on 100% OOB, turn it down to 20% and you should notice the Crown (Cornice) and Corners don't have the weird Shadow/graininess.

(BTW CA's AO is no supported by Nvidia's AO settings it seems, so don't be surprised in the Nvidia Control Panel when it says not supported for CA)

Bloom to my Eye makes everything look "soft" compared to the Older versions off CA , so try with it off too , it is supposed to help with making lighting more natural but YMMV.

M.