X10 - Cannot edit wall cabinet


SNestor
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was working in the attached plan...went into a DBX (can't remember which...) and got the little notification from Chief that the software had crashed.  Well...the software never closed.  However, now when I pull in a wall cabinet...I cannot change the door style.  I can on a base cabinet...

 

So...can someone take a look at the plan and see if a setting got changed...or, maybe the software is corrupted?  Thanks...

 

Here's the plan.  The wall cabinet is in the front middle room...I just put it there to see if I could edit the cabinet. 

 

Wall Cabinet - no edit.plan.zip

Edited by SNestor
wrong drawing attached
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worked for me BUT did you just try to change the default door? I had to go to the face configuration- the door style was set there as  specific -changing it there or selecting clear both worked. Here it is back edited to framed doors just in case.

edited.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Worked for me BUT did you just try to change the default door? I had to go to the face configuration- the door style was set there as  specific -changing it there or selecting clear both worked. Here it is back edited to framed doors just in case.

edited.zip

 

Mark...thanks for helping out.  I'm not following..."face configuration"?  Are you talking about the cabinet DBX?  I have tried to edit via the DBX and the preview doesn't even update.  I can edit both full height and base cabinets...no problem.  But...the wall cabinet will not change.  

 

So...are you saying I can go "Default Settings"...and change the default in wall cabinets?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SNestor said:

 

Mark...thanks for helping out.  I'm not following..."face configuration"?  Are you talking about the cabinet DBX?  I have tried to edit via the DBX and the preview doesn't even update.  I can edit both full height and base cabinets...no problem.  But...the wall cabinet will not change.  

 

So...are you saying I can go "Default Settings"...and change the default in wall cabinets?

NO - I tried the "door/drawer" tab in the cabinet DBX and that did nothing.

Went back to "Front, Side Back" tab. Select front and it's greyed out. Use the drop down to change the front to custom face, then pick the door and change it OR hit clear with the door selected in which case it reverts to the default (a white mullion door)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

NO - I tried the "door/drawer" tab in the cabinet DBX and that did nothing.

Went back to "Front, Side Back" tab. Select front and it's greyed out. Use the drop down to change the front to custom face, then pick the door and change it OR hit clear with the door selected in which case it reverts to the default (a white mullion door)

 

Well...yea, that works.  Why do you think I'd have to change the door like that?  Is there something corrupt with the drawing or is it just a quirk in the software?  I've never edited a cabinet like this in the past...so, I'm wondering if I should send to Tech Support.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SNestor said:

so, I'm wondering if I should send to Tech Support.  

I'm not sure if it's the plan got corrupted or something you did somewhere. I'd send it in since something is odd.

I just tested the defaults.

Currently you have that cathedral door specified in the "Front, side back" tab of the wall cab default so it does make sense that you would need to make it a custom face. (the default door tab lists slab door)

5b35522d3aef8_Defaulthasdoorspecified.thumb.png.e3028cf3b3bcdec3cef7028048e72c0d.png

 

If I change it in the default either manually the cabinet changes correctly in the dbx.

5b3552a3257a1_Settousedefault.thumb.png.7fa875725404f5556b15a6812916e213.png5b3552bd409ce_Afterclear.thumb.png.559d69c45abf13dcc5c3d7ec4e8ec188.png

 

What is weird is that the cabinet in the plan changes to the white arched mullion door-the first few times I tried it...5b3552f2168d6_Weirdafterchangingdefaults.thumb.png.c88c11707a32487c5f3da60615344aa9.png

even though it is set to use the default.

Then on the third or 4th time checking it suddenly is ok??5b3553248f663_weirderstill.thumb.png.5c6120ea6243a4701b2cb4464475eff6.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

I'm not sure if it's the plan got corrupted or something you did somewhere. I'd send it in since something is odd.

I just tested the defaults.

Currently you have that cathedral door specified in the "Front, side back" tab of the wall cab default so it does make sense that you would need to make it a custom face. (the default door tab lists slab door)

5b35522d3aef8_Defaulthasdoorspecified.thumb.png.e3028cf3b3bcdec3cef7028048e72c0d.png

 

If I change it in the default either manually the cabinet changes correctly in the dbx.

5b3552a3257a1_Settousedefault.thumb.png.7fa875725404f5556b15a6812916e213.png5b3552bd409ce_Afterclear.thumb.png.559d69c45abf13dcc5c3d7ec4e8ec188.png

 

What is weird is that the cabinet in the plan changes to the white arched mullion door-the first few times I tried it...5b3552f2168d6_Weirdafterchangingdefaults.thumb.png.c88c11707a32487c5f3da60615344aa9.png

even though it is set to use the default.

Then on the third or 4th time checking it suddenly is ok??5b3553248f663_weirderstill.thumb.png.5c6120ea6243a4701b2cb4464475eff6.png

 

Thanks Mark...I really appreciate your help!  

 

I think the plan is "screwy"...I've tested with new plans from stock CA templates...and I get normal editing behavior. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of Versions ago in X10 a Wall cabinet was causing CA to Crash for me too , it was supposedly fixed in the next update , but perhaps something they have done in a recent update has caused it to reappear ?

 

So I'd say send it in , as it may not be "User Error"

 

M.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    30693
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    mikedanderton
    Newest Member
    mikedanderton
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By Trawen
      Hi,
      I was wondering if I can somehow setup spaces between door of cabinets to make a significant line between them.
       
      As you can see on the pictures, one (with that chairs) is what Chief does and spaces just disappear in render because they're too small, second one is image created via SketchUp, but I prefer Chief for modeling. 
       
      Thanks in advance for any suggestions.


    • By MarkMc
      Some time back Graham, myself and a few folks played around with how to show a beaded inset cabinet in Chief.
      What were the best solutions at the time are a PIA to work with. I was in need of doing a job with either beaded inset frames or elite (which will be a bit harder and is far rarer so not here)
      I wanted some way to have a beaded inset frame that was easy to change door style on. Figured this out while driving back from client meeting.
      Plan attached has a bunch of base cabinets configured, one wall cabinet and one tall. I've also attached a library of the "doors" used as "side panel inset" to achieve the beading.
      These are 1/4" beads with a total width of 5/16"  Note that separation widths and heights need to be changed to get correct opening for doors or drawers.
       
      From there you are on your own so open the DBX to see what's going on. Hope you like it, I'm pleased as punch
      Ran a quick rt while checking things-looks like I'll need some hardware with altered origins so they don't float.
       
      Note that these will use the default door, the top (A) drawers use default, the larger B drawers are set individually so either clear or specify those. Leave the beading untouched.
      Discovered that the wall cabinet in the current plan is not set as a door but as a side panel inset. Either correct that your self of use the newly attached BeadInsetPlan_X12.
      Changing to wider combined cabinets involves selecting "layout" vertical or horizontal and splitting. Avoid messing with the beads. Bit tricky, always use a test cabinet.
       
       

       
    • By Erick-FHbD
      Sorry folks, I am new to this forum and I deleted my post by accident while trying to respond.
       
      I am trying to make a 24" wide pantry cabinet with full width roll out trays, but when I have double doors it makes it look like 2 rollout trays, one for each door side. Is there a workaround? When it's a single 24" door the rollout tray comes out perfectly, but I need a double door.
       
      This time I added the plan.
      Cabinets with Rollouts.plan


    • By goshgolly
      I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't find anything specific that answers this question.
       
      I'm trying to create a simple vanity with two drawers and an open shelf underneath (see inspiration image of "vanity").  I simply can't figure out a way/remember how to add a shelf other than by using the shelf command. While this works visually, it treats it as a separate part of the vanity, thereby creating two separate pieces.  In the Working Plan and Kitchen and Bath View plans, the shelf shows up on top of the sink while the 3d view shows the shelf in the correct place!  I guess maybe it's, in part, a layers thing?
       
      I know there has to be a better way of doing this.  What am I missing/forgetting?



    • By KDsnyder
      The following text is from a posted that has since been marked solved. The solution on that thread is about 3 years old and required a RAM drive using a third party download. As the issue I'm having is new after I've changed settings and only on this one file and my I'm curious if there is a different solution.
       
      [copied text from "SOLVED" post] I'm currently experiencing really long lag times every time I move a wall or other object. Interestingly though I've noticed that bumping a cabinet doesn't produce the same lag time (it's almost instant) UNTIL it meets another object like an adjoining cabinet. I tested this by pulling the cabinet out into the room which resulted in a lag, then when it was in the room I was able to modify the cabinet by bumping stretching deleting and replacing like normal. Upon pushing that cabinet back to its position next to the other resulted in the same lag. Also, I am able to modify upper cabinets fine while they are touching other upper cabinets however I did notice that when I UNDO a function I also get a lag. This makes me wonder if the lag is due to the computer recognizing that the elevations and 3D views now need to reconstruct that joint whereas before the objects were just moving within the space. I'm getting about 60-80sec lag times which is absolutely insane. I haven't experienced this issue on other plans so it's very strange and makes me think I adjusted a setting somewhere that is causing this. The file size is 6.7MB
       
      Thanks for any insight you may have on this. If it is helpful I can record a screen video just trying to figure out what might be the most helpful information to record.