X10 - Cannot edit wall cabinet

SNestor

I was working in the attached plan...went into a DBX (can't remember which...) and got the little notification from Chief that the software had crashed.  Well...the software never closed.  However, now when I pull in a wall cabinet...I cannot change the door style.  I can on a base cabinet...

So...can someone take a look at the plan and see if a setting got changed...or, maybe the software is corrupted?  Thanks...

Here's the plan.  The wall cabinet is in the front middle room...I just put it there to see if I could edit the cabinet. 

Wall Cabinet - no edit.plan.zip

Edited by SNestor
wrong drawing attached

Worked for me BUT did you just try to change the default door? I had to go to the face configuration- the door style was set there as  specific -changing it there or selecting clear both worked. Here it is back edited to framed doors just in case.

edited.zip

7 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Worked for me BUT did you just try to change the default door? I had to go to the face configuration- the door style was set there as  specific -changing it there or selecting clear both worked. Here it is back edited to framed doors just in case.

edited.zip

Mark...thanks for helping out.  I'm not following..."face configuration"?  Are you talking about the cabinet DBX?  I have tried to edit via the DBX and the preview doesn't even update.  I can edit both full height and base cabinets...no problem.  But...the wall cabinet will not change.  

So...are you saying I can go "Default Settings"...and change the default in wall cabinets?

Just now, SNestor said:

Mark...thanks for helping out.  I'm not following..."face configuration"?  Are you talking about the cabinet DBX?  I have tried to edit via the DBX and the preview doesn't even update.  I can edit both full height and base cabinets...no problem.  But...the wall cabinet will not change.  

So...are you saying I can go "Default Settings"...and change the default in wall cabinets?

NO - I tried the "door/drawer" tab in the cabinet DBX and that did nothing.

Went back to "Front, Side Back" tab. Select front and it's greyed out. Use the drop down to change the front to custom face, then pick the door and change it OR hit clear with the door selected in which case it reverts to the default (a white mullion door)

3 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

NO - I tried the "door/drawer" tab in the cabinet DBX and that did nothing.

Went back to "Front, Side Back" tab. Select front and it's greyed out. Use the drop down to change the front to custom face, then pick the door and change it OR hit clear with the door selected in which case it reverts to the default (a white mullion door)

Well...yea, that works.  Why do you think I'd have to change the door like that?  Is there something corrupt with the drawing or is it just a quirk in the software?  I've never edited a cabinet like this in the past...so, I'm wondering if I should send to Tech Support.  

10 minutes ago, SNestor said:

so, I'm wondering if I should send to Tech Support.  

I'm not sure if it's the plan got corrupted or something you did somewhere. I'd send it in since something is odd.

I just tested the defaults.

Currently you have that cathedral door specified in the "Front, side back" tab of the wall cab default so it does make sense that you would need to make it a custom face. (the default door tab lists slab door)

5b35522d3aef8_Defaulthasdoorspecified.thumb.png.e3028cf3b3bcdec3cef7028048e72c0d.png

If I change it in the default either manually the cabinet changes correctly in the dbx.

5b3552a3257a1_Settousedefault.thumb.png.7fa875725404f5556b15a6812916e213.png5b3552bd409ce_Afterclear.thumb.png.559d69c45abf13dcc5c3d7ec4e8ec188.png

What is weird is that the cabinet in the plan changes to the white arched mullion door-the first few times I tried it...5b3552f2168d6_Weirdafterchangingdefaults.thumb.png.c88c11707a32487c5f3da60615344aa9.png

even though it is set to use the default.

Then on the third or 4th time checking it suddenly is ok??5b3553248f663_weirderstill.thumb.png.5c6120ea6243a4701b2cb4464475eff6.png

20 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

I'm not sure if it's the plan got corrupted or something you did somewhere. I'd send it in since something is odd.

I just tested the defaults.

Currently you have that cathedral door specified in the "Front, side back" tab of the wall cab default so it does make sense that you would need to make it a custom face. (the default door tab lists slab door)

5b35522d3aef8_Defaulthasdoorspecified.thumb.png.e3028cf3b3bcdec3cef7028048e72c0d.png

If I change it in the default either manually the cabinet changes correctly in the dbx.

5b3552a3257a1_Settousedefault.thumb.png.7fa875725404f5556b15a6812916e213.png5b3552bd409ce_Afterclear.thumb.png.559d69c45abf13dcc5c3d7ec4e8ec188.png

What is weird is that the cabinet in the plan changes to the white arched mullion door-the first few times I tried it...5b3552f2168d6_Weirdafterchangingdefaults.thumb.png.c88c11707a32487c5f3da60615344aa9.png

even though it is set to use the default.

Then on the third or 4th time checking it suddenly is ok??5b3553248f663_weirderstill.thumb.png.5c6120ea6243a4701b2cb4464475eff6.png

Thanks Mark...I really appreciate your help!  

I think the plan is "screwy"...I've tested with new plans from stock CA templates...and I get normal editing behavior. 

A couple of Versions ago in X10 a Wall cabinet was causing CA to Crash for me too , it was supposedly fixed in the next update , but perhaps something they have done in a recent update has caused it to reappear ?

So I'd say send it in , as it may not be "User Error"

M.