X10 Missing texture files

pintodesign

If you can still find them, copy them to your X10 data folder (in the textures file) so you know where they are. You might also check in the X9 data folder for them. Where did you previously keep them? Only you know where.

Hi Perry

The funny thing is, everything was installed in the default locations and was fine prior to some kind of "clean up" (I think) happened.  I'm only missing the new stuff from X10.  The old textures as well as bonus stuff is all there.

Tech support should be able to provide a replacement file or maybe even a library update would rebuild it.  However I see one custom one there so I might be good to look for them on a backup.

In the interim, you could do a back of an entire plan file from an older project. Save it to a folder from which you could pick and choose textures from.

By way of example, any texture that I take off of Google gets copied and pasted into this file, where I'm able to pick and choose textures which are often "out of the box".

I tried a clean install and it's still not finding the files.  Interesting that it's not finding Chiefs own "CoreCatalogsFiles.zip" and the location is in the default setting.  

I'll check with tech support as soon as I get a chance.  

Thanks for the help!

Barb

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dale8804
    Newest Member
    Dale8804

• By dbritti
      I just downloaded Wayfair's catalog of furniture but I found that when I apply a different fabric texture from the CA library it looks terrible.  It's as if the scaling is WAY out of line. Anyone else have this problem? I really want to use their furniture objects because the CA library is outdated, but they don't behave well.

Denise Britti
      CA X11
      MacBook Pro 
    • By MN_JohnH
      I am wondering if there is a simple way of aligning the custom tile in a custom backplash? In the attached drawing I have created two custom tiles for this hypothetical shower. The big tile is 24x24 and I would like to have it go 5' up on the wall and then have a 12" deco strip of 2x2 tile and then more of the larger tile above that to the ceiling. Problem is I want a full tile on the top of the 5' high lower part, (the half cut would be on the bottom), and then start with a full tile on top of the deco strip. And my deco strip is 2x2 tile, I made it as a 12x12 square of 2x2 tile and yet it doesn't line up as full tile on the top and bottom edges...
      Tile alignment.plan
    • By Sweeney
      Anyone have a good fill pattern for a flagstone patio? I have found a good texture for 3D rendering, however nothing good for plan view.

Thank you in advance,

Austin 

• By WhistlerBuilder
      Hello Chiefers,

I was wondering if anyone had any good cedar wood textures. I noticed that this one is specifically lacking in the stock package. I am looking for any of the following textures:
      1) Lap siding
      2) T&G siding or soffit
      3) Beam / Posts
      4) Smooth wood grain

Cheers,
    • By gelbuilding
      Any way possible to view textures in plan view