I am new to Chief but so far I love it. Far better than my previous software. So far, the only problem that I have had is using macros to create a custom label for cabinets.
All I am trying to do is get chief's labels to match my manufacture nomenclature. I know I could manually change it on every cabinet, but that seems like to much work and honestly a waste of time. So could someone give me some help. Either a bit of a guide on custom macros and some recourses and documentation (which I, for the life of myself, can't find), or maybe a working-ish or example macro.
Some examples:(chief nomenclature, needed nomenclature)
Thanks in advance for the help! And if I didn't give enough information or if there is a better way to go about this, please let me know.
Oh, almost forgot. I am running Interiors x14.
I have searched the Chief Architect website and also here. I have X14 now and want to show sliding doors on some base cabinets. Perhaps I am missing the options to adjust this in the cabinet specifications.
Would appreciate someone helping me find this. Seems like it would be available in the library with the resurgence of Mid-Century Modern. Thank you.
I am trying to align the orientation of the materials on a base cabinet with both drawers and doors. When I use the material painter to apply "Teak" for example, to a standard vanity cabinet, the drawers and the doors are always 90 degrees off. If I rotate thee texture of the cabinet 90 degrees, they both rotate. I need to rotate the doors or the cabinets separately. I want both the drawers and doors to have the texture apply in the same vertical or horizontal orientation.
I'm experiencing an interesting phenomenon with Cabinet Shelf Specifications that contain 3 or more library-based shelves in Chief Architect Premier X13. As indicated below, when I add a 3rd unique library object (i.e. wire shelf) to a shelf, somehow the previous library-based shelf (2) "breaks" and changes from (1) to be the 3rd library object. As such, I wanted to find out if that's the intended behavior or it's a bug - and whether there are any useful workarounds. I could have used separators directly at module-level but the cabinet module needs to be covered by double doors.