ChiefChris1

CABINETS in SCHEDULE

Recommended Posts

How would you go about building a kitchen cabinet that is a single cabinet with different door styles that shows up in the cabinet schedule.

for example.
A wall cabinet.  Total height is 60".  The top has a 16 1/2" door with glass.  The lower has a 39" door - wood.  Same door style, different materials.
I can make them separate cabinets in plan, but that doesn't list them correctly in the schedule.
I can block them together, but then it doesn't show in the cabinet schedule because it's a block and not a cabinet.

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For one maker I'd do it this way, for another I'd use two cabinets and list them as combined. In some instances I may list the first method as combined as well but would still build and list it as a single cabinet. SO it just depends on how the maker wants to read it.

BTW you can select a block and have it show in the cabinet schedule if you need to.

cabinet schedule.plan

cabinet for schedule.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

For one maker I'd do it this way, for another I'd use two cabinets and list them as combined. In some instances I may list the first method as combined as well but would still build and list it as a single cabinet. SO it just depends on how the maker wants to read it.

BTW you can select a block and have it show in the cabinet schedule if you need to.

 

 



I can't figure out what you did.
Did you create two cabinets and then block them together?

is that one cabinet with two door styles assigned?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Mark made the cabinet then selected the doors, adjusted there sizes, put glass in the top one, or like he said make 2 cabinets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chief58 said:

Chris Mark made the cabinet then selected the doors, adjusted there sizes, put glass in the top one, or like he said make 2 cabinets


That's what I'm having trouble with....assigning glass to the top doors only.  I can make the cabinet with the doors - but assigning two materials to the door panels isn't working for me. 

Materials are listed as "brite" and "glass" in the materials tab.  But only showing glass (as assigned on one of the doors).
Untitled.thumb.png.b284ed7eb20e3b902c0cc9f1e9061084.png
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And, if I build them separately and block them, for whatever reason, I'm struggling to get it to list in the cabinet schedule at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh...gees...
I found it.

I have to check "other" to include the blocks in the schedule. 

There's an hour I'll never get back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also create a door symbol that looks like 2 doors, setting stretch parameters so only the bottom part changes.

 

ct1.thumb.jpg.ba2f5aeee523c1b16e36058ffc937b68.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChiefChris1 said:

Oh...gees...
I found it.

I have to check "other" to include the blocks in the schedule. 

There's an hour I'll never get back

Just think Chris there is also an hour you will never lose again for something like that

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChiefChris1 said:



I can't figure out what you did.
Did you create two cabinets and then block them together?

is that one cabinet with two door styles assigned?

 

what version are you using? (which is why the say to place in your signature. Unless it's very old version this inda cabinet DBX 101. MIght want to read up a bit in help, reference manual or the tutorial. Here's the gist...

Cabinet box dbx, front sides back tab, select door, specify, pick a glass door.

 

5af34ded6cc6c_CabDBX.thumb.jpg.fe64fd4557f367e5c2b168bdcf154381.jpg

F1 gets help,

Specify.thumb.jpg.c03bed17c059bc9e3ce0d82384c36030.jpg

Information for the Schedule is placed in an OIP field (object information panel).

5af34e83b17fb_CustomFieldtoputinfointoschedule.thumb.png.7f2db07c0419bd097b0c05eae09c22a4.png

 

Please complete your signature to include version you use, some computer info helps at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

 

Please complete your signature to include version you use, some computer info helps at some point.

I currently use X5, X6, X7, X8, X9 and have just started exploring X10...
This particular project is happening in X9.

In my 22 years of using Chief Architect, I have never had to do this.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChiefChris1 said:

 

You don't HAVE to do this. It just makes it easier to help out, BTW it is suggested in the sticky at the beginning and has been for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

You don't HAVE to do this. It just makes it easier to help out, BTW it is suggested in the sticky at the beginning and has been for a while.

 

 

I meant, I have never had to do this with cabinets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiefChris1 said:

 

 

I meant, I have never had to do this with cabinets.

Oh, sorry never occurred to me since  I do that nonsense every day-we each see what we need to :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can use as many different door styles on a cabinet face as you like.  The key is that you have to specify the unique door styles on the cabinet face items, not on the Door/Drawer panel which controls the default door style for the whole cabinet.

 

If you make an architectural block out of multiple cabinets (or other objects), you need to tell the program to treat it as a single object and decide what type of schedule you want it to go into,  You also need to tell the cabinet schedule to include "other" objects since architectural blocks are not base, wall, or full height cabinets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27501
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    B1k3rm4n
    Newest Member
    B1k3rm4n
    Joined