This Is What An Anno Set Does

Joe_Carrick

1.  It sets the Current CAD Layer

2.  It sets the Plan Annotation Defaults to a set of "Named" Defaults which in turn set the "Named Text Styles"

3.  It optionally selects the Active Layerset or leaves the Current Layerset as is.

That's it in a nutshell.

Good idea for a post Joe...simple and to the point. Until a few days ago I didn't really know what anno-sets were and

I'm sure there are a ton of people in the same boat. As I see it, it saves me from having to put CAD and text details on their own custom layer for any given plan view or elevation and saves me from having to adjust the settings (especially for dimensions and text) all the time. I've been wondering lately how much time it will really save, but the more I think about it, taking a couple hours to set them all up will likely pay off fairly quickly.

Doug,

I disagree in this regard,  Annosets don't set Defaults, they simply select a set of "Named Defaults".  IOW, the user may have several "Named Dimension Defaults", several "Named Text Defaults", etc.

An Annoset just selects which "Named Defaults" are made Active.  It's the "Named Defaults" that actually define/specify the Default settings.

This is why I suggest that Mark start a thread about Dimension Defaults.

In Chief there is only ever 1 active set of defaults. Annotation sets allow you a quick way to choose them.

Annotation sets control defaults. That is their primary and most powerful function.

I hope I'm being clear here because it is core to understanding what they do.