Save Pdf File X5

Designer1

Does anyone know how to save layout files to PDF in chief X5?  I read the directions and tried it but it wont work.  Im not sure if I have the wrong PDF driver or what.   I wish chief had the option to save to pdf, that would be great.

Thanks

Chad

Save to PDF is native in X6

In X5 go to the Help Menu and there should be an option to download PDF Print Driver  , I use PDF995 which works well and is Free ,but has a splash screen for 5 secs? when you print,  Stay away from CutePDF , it adds other programs to your computer too such as Comodo Dragon , a web Browser.

M.

It's probably a Page Setup Issue.  But even that's a guess.

You need to have the "Paper Size" and the Chief Page Size match.  This would be true with any printer.

What "Sheet Size" are you using in Chief?

What "Paper Size" do you have set in the PDF Printer?

I finally was able to print the pdf but the scale seems to be a bit smaller then the autocad printed page. It seems off just a bit.  I overlaid the two pages, one autocad and then the chief pdf and it appears the chief print is slightly smaller.  How do I accurately get it to print the actual size I want to scale?  Does this need to be address in page setup in chief or is this need adjustment in the pdf printer section?

take the PDF to a print shop and have them print it

if it is correct there then it is your printer or printer settings

the PDF should be accurate if you have the PDF settings correct

post screen captures of your PDF settings

Lew

Thanks everyone for the replys!  One of the issues is what Mick had mentioned about default setting at 95% and the second was that the printer for some reason needed to be cleared through chiefs print menu.  Once those two things were completed everything is working and turning out perfect.  Thanks so much for all the helpful feedback.