Auxiliary Views

JosephPremo

Good Morning,

I am looking to create auxiliary views of roof planes for creating 3D laser cut models to scale. We were able to cut the elevation views as well as the floor plan, however, we are struggling to find a solution to cutting the roof planes on more complex roof planes than the one I have attached. I am doing this with my high school architecture and construction class. We need the exact view of the roof plane in order to maintain its true dimensions. Is there a way to select an roof plane in orthographic projection and see its auxiliary view? In most solid modeling programs you are able to select a surface or plane and see its "normal" view. I have included two pictures of what I am looking to do which may help explain it better.

Thanks,

Joe

Auxilliary View.PNG

Orotho View.PNG

Thank you very much! We were able to utilize the "Print to 3D Model" function to create the roof planes in the model below. I appreciate your help as we will be creating 45+ different models of buildings in my architecture and construction classes.

-Joe

Solution.jpg

If all you want a view that is square to the roof, you can also use an Orthographic Full Overview and then change the camera so that it looking square onto the roof plane.

You will probably need to change the Tilt Angle to the negative of the roof slope (-22.5deg in this case) and you will need to change the Camera Angle to be square to the roof plane (90deg in this case). 

The Print Model is a pretty good tool to do those sort of things though.

New Image_61.jpg

On 3/12/2018 at 11:26 AM, JosephPremo said:

Thank you very much! We were able to utilize the "Print to 3D Model" function to create the roof planes in the model below. I appreciate your help as we will be creating 45+ different models of buildings in my architecture and construction classes.

-Joe

Solution.jpg

I was just reading in another Thread that for Gable Walls ( ie on your Garage) you need to set the Gable Wall to Balloon Framing to get it working in "Print Model"