AutoCAD import help

RL-inc

On 2/26/2018 at 8:18 PM, ACADuser said:

Not that simple I'm afraid.

That is why I recommended printing to a PDF & use that to import.

@ACADuser    It would be best for Alan to answer you as I don't know what He did for you or what it is you need...He is familiar with both.

Model Space and PaperSpace is the most common issue when exporting from ACAD

I am not really a big ACAD User ......I bought Chief cos I didn't like it :)

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-653D3843-AFE5-4569-959F-E06F3866D7D7-htm.html

The first statement in this link is not true.

You can export all visible objects from the current layout to model space in a new drawing.

As you read further you will see all the objects that will not be exported.

Your sample drawing is a somewhat complex case. There are block within blocks and the EXPORTLAYOUT command can not unbundle the nested objects to get the export you want. To make matters worse the 2nd DWG file is being referenced into the main DWG.

I opened up your file in Draftsight myself a while back and I didn’t respond because there really wasn’t an easy answer and it seemed Alan’s conversion to PDF was probably the best solution.  I guess the only thing I might add is this...

You could try to export from Draftsight to PDF and then use one of the many online PDF converters to convert your PDF to DWG.  Worth a shot anyway.  If I was you though I might just redraw from scratch using the PDF and/or DWG as a guide.  

3 minutes ago, RL-inc said:

Thanks for all the efforts in trying to educated me-

Can I ask one time - please just try and import the attached DWG into CA and tell me if you get a proper view.

When I do it I get absolutely nothing.

I sent this file to an AutoCAD user and he open it and shows floor plan.

A1.11 SECOND FLOOR PLAN.dwg

I had tried opening your original files a while back and was able to open it n Chief without any problems per se, but there was also a lot of missing information that i could see in Draftsight and not in Chief.