Global change dims to "use default"

lbuttery

I  have changed many of the dims in my last project to use 1/1 as the smallest fraction

to do that change the "use default" setting has to be unchecked

is there any way to global reset all the dims to use 1/16 for fractions and set "use default" ?

Lew

18 minutes ago, lbuttery said:

I  have changed many of the dims in my last project to use 1/1 as the smallest fraction

is there any way to global reset all the dims to use 1/16 for fractions and set "use default" ?

Lew

Didn't you just post the fix?   ie re-check the "use default" box

There is no Global way AFAIK as each Dim. is set by the Annotation Set used at the Time the Dim was made ...if you only used 1/4" scale Annotations then perhaps you only need to change one ? but it doesn't sound like that's what you did......If you changed the Dims individually throughout the Project as you saw them then you have a small issue ( or maybe a large one?)  put them all back on "Default" and only change the 1/1 in the Defaults so it is then changed from 1/4" to 1/1 when you switch the Default when needed.

Hopefully I understand what you did.... and want to do here...I assume this is an issue after your Other Thread on this?

M.

37 minutes ago, lbuttery said:

Lew

Select all the dims at once, hit "open," go to Primary Format tab and check "Use Default Formatting"

Select all the dims at once, hit "open," go to Primary Format tab and check "Use Default Formatting"

Chris:

I had tried that and it didn't work

it takes multiple steps to do it

1. use "all off" layerset

2. display desired dim layers

3. multi-select desired dims

4. click open and set "default" then close the dbx

5. unselect the multi-select

5. multi-select desired dims again

6.click open go to Primary Format tab 

7.set desired smallest fraction - say 1/16

8. check "Use Default Formatting" and close dbx 

If you changed the Dims individually throughout the Project as you saw them then you have a small issue ( or maybe a large one?) 

Mick:

yes, as I created the dims I changed them all individually to NOT "use default formatting"

and had set the min fraction to 1/1

now that you provided the answer in the other thread to always set "use default formatting"

while placing dims and to turn it off only when it was desired not to see the fractions

I needed a way to globally change them back to "use default formatting"

I tried doing that before creating this thread and it didn't work

but I found that it takes two stages to do it as listed above in steps 1 - 8

I  now have a method for toggling dim fractions on/off as needed

but still would like a toggle to do this "easier"

Lew

Okay I hope you got it sorted out ?

All you should need to do, to use this method is do all your Drawing and Designing at 1/16" and leave everything at Default , (don't change any Dim individually) and then before a Client Presentation (or Design Work is Done) simply go into the Dim.Defaults, or Annotation Set Defaults and change it to 1/1 , which should change all "default" existing Dims (of that Annotation Set) , and if needed change it back to 1/16 when you get back to the Office for example from a Presentation.

This simple switch works for me , but would require work perhaps in Existing Plans you already changed Dims individually in.

6.thumb.PNG.99a40c84e9b844f23acf802a96a39a4d.PNG5.thumb.PNG.82211ebdac6be48298f1f5f8c120ba5c.PNG

1. do all your Drawing and Designing at 1/16" and leave everything at Default

2. when no fractions desired - change Dim.Defaults, or Annotation Set Defaults to not use the default and change fractions to 1/1  

Mick:

yep, I now have the method, thanks to you and Chris

if anyone has a plan that has many dims that have been changed individually they can use the steps in post #4 to reset them globally to use the default again

it would still be nice to have a "Dims on/off" toggle on the toolbar or as a hotkey

someone may have reasons not to leave various dims set at default

and not want to globally change them back either

having the toggle would be the best for solution all around

I will post as a suggestion

I haven't tried doing it via an annoset - will do that next

thanks

Lew