Muhammad_Habib

Fence over Half Wall / Parapet

Hi there.

I tried much, couldn't find any method in Chief to make Fences over Railings, which is required in many real world cases. 
I am not talking about Terrain Wall fences; rather, upper floors.

Any idea?

Regards.

question about fences.jpg

For a railing on top of a half-wall:

1. Draw the half-wall.

2. Draw the railing and make it No Room Definition and No Locate.

3. Align the railing with the half-wall, then adjust the railing heights as necessary so they are higher than the half wall.

railing.thumb.PNG.806df37c827c22ef3c303e4cf7aedd26.PNG

• Upvote 1

For a face-mount railing, it's more complicated. I prefer to use distributed objects for the newels and the balusters, and a molding polyline for the top and bottom rails. It's more work, but I haven't found a better method.

railing2.thumb.PNG.3aaac473a3d8bbe283b929fb0afc21c8.PNG

• Upvote 1

Thanks Robert. 

I had done this 'trick', but here problem arises of continuous error of not connecting walls with the cursor. So, not a satisfactory way.

Chief developers should make like Pony Wall solution, where upper wall can be made a railing.

Habib

57 minutes ago, Muhammad_Habib said:

Chief developers should make like Pony Wall solution, where upper wall can be made a railing.

I think I saw something in the X10 Trailer Video that might suggest they are already working on this concept.

2 hours ago, Muhammad_Habib said:

Thanks Robert. 

I had done this 'trick', but here problem arises of continuous error of not connecting walls with the cursor. So, not a satisfactory way.

Habib

this has been asked for many times in the last few years , so hopefully in the next version it will be there......in the mean time , you can also make a symbol and use it over a Half Wall ...works okay for a few Areas but is a bit more time consuming if you have a lot to do ....

18.JPG