warrenwest

cabinet fronts auto resizing

Hi folks,

I would really like the base cabinet fronts to have the same appearance despite the differences in size. The door panels are auto resizing, I don't want this. The how is this done?

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 12.33.48 PM.png

You need a second door symbol, one with fewer slats, same as IRL 

3 hours ago, warrenwest said:

I would really like the base cabinet fronts to have the same appearance despite the differences in size.

Attached is a plan with doors, wainscott panels to make doors, the parts I used to make the wainscot, and the cabinet used to make the door. These are typically done in separate plans I just included it all in one for simplicity. Did this quickly so molding, slat bevel, and in some cases stretch areas may need adjustment. From there it's up to you if you want adjustments.

screen 012.png

Slat assortment.zip

You Sir are a scholar and a gentleman ! Very much appreciated :) 

Nice Fix Mark ....

but that is almost a bug in those Doors isn't it ? who ITRW would want different sized slates on every door ?

wouldn't it normally be a panel ( ply/mdf) and the two outer slats would be different sizes as the panel would be centred in the Door Frame.

59 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Nice Fix Mark ....

but that is almost a bug in those Doors isn't it ? who ITRW would want different sized slates on every door ?

wouldn't it normally be a panel ( ply/mdf) and the two outer slats would be different sizes as the panel would be centred in the Door Frame.

There is simply no way to set stretch planes or zones to accommodate that. Instead of simply resizing it would have to alter the number of slats.  You would need a lot of stretch planes to make it work. I guess you could do it with a 3 panel but then the panels will become the wrong size.

It would have to work something like framing. I suppose that is possible but to set that up for a very few cabinet door styles (that are not all that common I've sold one in 20 years) doesn't qualify as a bug to me. I can't imagine what that would end up doing to all the other door styles.

Hi , I meant a bug in this particular door style , not in Doors in general ......I cannot see a Door Manufacturer making different sized slats for different sized doors , just not practical , nor very pretty as Warren pointed out....

M.

If the panel was simply a flat panel with a "Slat" material it should not expand/contract with the door size.  The problem with those doors is that the slat panels are actually modeled as 3D objects.  

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

If the panel was simply a flat panel with a "Slat" material it should not expand/contract with the door size.  The problem with those doors is that the slat panels are actually modeled as 3D objects.  

But then you would have issues with the material origin. 

3 hours ago, MarkMc said:

But then you would have issues with the material origin. 

That one is something that should be able to be handled fairly simply by programming.