Doug_N

Trying to make foundation walls same size near attached garage

In the attached images, I am trying to get a uniform height in the foundation walls where the garage attaches to the house.  The wall section in question defaults to the garage structural detail.

Any comments would  be welcome. 

2017-10-30_13-35-35.jpg

2017-10-30_13-35-52.jpg

Edited by Doug_N
Tried to upload plan file, but it failed

Drag the taller wall around so it replaces the shorter one.

Yes I tried that, it goes back to being the shorter wall.

The shortcut is to drag the wall top up.

ct1.jpg

because you have manually played with the foundation and auto rebuild is off you will need to do as Eric and Shane suggested and break the wall and do it manually.

M.

Hmm, I have tried that but no joy.  If you have done it, can post the file so I can see it?

1 minute ago, Doug_N said:

Hmm, I have tried that but no joy.  If you have done it, can post the file so I can see it?

Shane posted a plan above.

What the problem -- that is, what's not working for you?

When I break the wall, and then try to drag it up, all of the garage walls go up with it.

I did it in this view. Break the wall, select it and pull it up.

Might be more accurate in an elevation.

ct1.thumb.jpg.a17004b9bb1e343c6cd4bae6f0972e4b.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign

• By CharlesVolz
      OK guys, Kerry Francis of Garage Door Wizard fame emailed me over the weekend and said that he does not plan on improving the program because the demand does warrant the work required. 

However, he is allowing me to sell Version 2.10.0025 of the program that works on with Chief Architect Premier X9 and Windows 10. To keep the cost and trouble down, I will sell the program for Kerry on the honor system. You send me $20 via PayPal to CVRE@sbcglobal.net and I will forward you the program via email. No sharing, warranty, no returns, no crying, no whining. Please let the rest of us know if it works or not on your computer setup by posting on this thread so others can decide whether to buy. 

Upgrades are $20 also since there is no way to monitor registered users. Kerry said that the price back in the day was $35. So it is a good deal. Kerry was nice enough to allow me to distribute this because some of us asked for it. I am just trying to contribute to you guys and gals on the forum who have helped me by participating on the forum.

Regards,
      Charles
    • By DRyeHD
      I've looked for a thread on this topic but cannot find one.  Typical construction is CMU stem wall on footing and slab.

I would like to show outside edge of foundation block and all thickened slab areas (for bearing walls and posts).  I see the foundation block on floor "0" and the thickened slab (under bearing walls) and post footings on floor "1".  I would like to display all this on one layout and add dimensions for concrete, plumbing, and other under-slab work.

What is the best way to do this without redrawing a separate plan to accommodate these items?
    • By CRHDesign
      Is there a room dialog to prevent this from happening? Ideally I want to make the cantilever a "cantilever" room and have it not generate walls under the cantilever with auto rebuild foundation walls on. Unless there is an easier way? Copying the balcony room settings ends up generating walls like the attached picture, still generating walls under cantilever. Feel like I'm missing something very simple.
    • By SamanthaSkidmore
      I'm not sure when this happened or how it happened but my ceiling isn't meeting the wall in the basement.  The separation is from the garage.  I created a brand new plan to make sure my heights all matched up correctly and they do.  Can you tell by looking at my screenshots what might be happening or what I need to do to fix it?  Photo on the left is the wall/ceiling in the basement.  The photo on the right is from the garage.

Thanks so much!

• By Designer100
      I cannot get the floor joists to  build.It originally a regular slab home.  but now it is pier and  beam with concrete  block around preiemerter at 8' o.c. or wha ever engineer specs out.  I cannot the the floor joist to build on first floor, cannot garage to show 4" drop with preimerter  walls and regular lab,garage left wall to close in. Rear deck will not show up in rendering either.
      FFE 61.00, top of cmu  blocks 60.00, existing grade 57.30', top of grade beam 57.33. garagefloor 52.33 8 cmu blocks abovegarage slab.perfer 12" all around outside of garage foundation. 

I would appreciate getting the first floor joists to be installed. and the other issues.
      Plan 5661LAF.GARAGE.PIER&BM.zip