Test using a Room Divider wall spaced out 2" or as required.

ct1.thumb.jpg.08a5a67c2fcf9a8a4a9f3eebd80e7778.jpg

To add to what Eric suggested.  I would recommend all users add their own Room Divider wall type that has a thickness of something like .01".  This wall type can be used to define a room without changing size on you, and can more effectively be used for things like the above example as it will give you something to snap you main layer to suing the Edit Wall Layer Intersections tool...

Wall.thumb.jpg.52f4bc0a90373be158c580c5ef55cd27.jpg

Any recommended changes to this, Michael?

ct1.thumb.jpg.a3bfdbf5dbacaff09715bcb341c7a825.jpg

It's also useful to have that wall type defined with either a "Blank" linestyle or a "white/background color".  But you can also just set it as "Invisible".

I like to break that 2x6 wall and reverse it and it should stick, but extend it like 2' beyond the other wall and just slide it back.

7 minutes ago, solver said:

Any recommended changes to this, Michael?

ct1.thumb.jpg.635fa63ade04e1512a3290592332392e.jpg

Nope.  As long as that main layer thickness is actually .01" ( which it may be… hard to tell unless you change your number style to decimal inches) you should be good with that. 

5 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I like to break that 2x6 wall and reverse it and it should stick, but extend it like 2' beyond the other wall and just slide it back.

I like to actually use a different Wall Type since both sides will be an exterior finish.  We still need to have the sides reversed to prevent Chief from thinking it should be snapping to the corner.

I think in his case he would use a stucco both sides wall anyway

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bren0625
    Newest Member
    Bren0625

• By rembocanoe66
      I've used CA for years and AutoCAD since 1985. (Yeah I'm old).
      In Florida we do a lot of Block house plans. (CMU) 8x16x8 concrete blocks.
      Other than manually placing block patterns. Does anyone have an easy way to do wall fill patterns to show the ACTUAL CMU BLOCK Pattern in plan view. 
      It would be great if it actually placed filled cells required for all window/door openings and corners. Any suggestions? 

Thanks
      Ray
    • By jheath21
      Help! How do I connect the walls to the roof?

• By SNestor
      I think I have an issue with my "template" plan as I cannot get walls located above invisible walls to build correctly.  The wall in the attached plan is where the ceiling transitions from 12' tall to a room with a 9' tall ceiling.  I attempted the same drawing in a stock Chief template plan and everything worked like it's supposed to...so, I gather I have a setting in my template plan that is goofy...

Thanks!

Plan attached:   Gable End Wall Not Building Plan.plan
    • By kylejmarsh
      Having an issue with wall framing height. Never had this before and have recently upgraded to X11, so wondering if it's operatior error or the program, etc. Anyway here goes:

This shows exactly what happens. The wall framing does not go up to support the plate height.

Have checked the following to no avail:
       Verified ceiling height was accurate
       Wall is marked 'baloon through ceiling above' so we're not talking about a hidden attic wall messing this up - the wall actually does go up to the rafter - just the framing does not.

Any insights?
    • By Colonelkeds
      I am trying to butt an 18" deep x 20" high base (window seat) with 6" clipped corner against a 12" deep tall bookcase cabinet, but as soon as the cabinets touch, the clipped corner becomes squared. It comes back when cabinets are moved 1" apart. I tried a 1" filler, but the clip disappears then as well. How can I make this work? I also want a clipped countertop to die into the bookcase. Can this be done?