limitations of trial version

BetsyHermans

I have a new laptop and am beginning to teach myself this program with the goal of convincing my boss that we need to add this to our interior design/furniture sales company. So far, I have created one room with windows, fireplace and a doorway. I am discovering furniture to add, but wonder if the real version will have more to choose from. Since I cannot save or print, I start new each day and learn a little more each time. Who knows the limitations of this trial version and what I can expect from the $2400 version? Thanks.

The trial version limitations are that you cannot print (other than print screen) and you cannot save a plan. The main limitation is the actual competence of the end user and his usable knowledge of the software and its tools (this is true for any version). You have minimal libraries in the Library Browser. There are no hidden limitations that I know of other than your own lack of knowledge of how to use the software and its tools effectively.

DJP

Betsy:

go to CA's gallery and download samples of what can be done with the software

talk your boss into paying for the rent to own option

after X months you can stop if he is not convinced

buy HD PRO for $495 but it has severe limitations in some areas such as no raytracing

very limited layout tool

yet it also has many of the same tools as Chief Premier

and full cost is applied to upgrade to Chief Premier

call CA's sales to discuss options

Lew

The full version is now $2700...but perhaps CA Interiors would be sufficient for you ? it is $2000  but you sound like a good candidate for the Rental Option as Lew said , if you pay 16mths in a row the software license is yours. Of course that is at a Premium of $500... ($3200 vs 2700) . The Rental option does allow full SSA , so you can use any of the Libraries free then... SSA is now about $500 a year subscription too , but includes new versions of the program when released if your SSA is Current.

Try leaving Chief Running (minimised) and only let your laptop sleep or hibernate , so you can work on a design for a few days without losing all your Work.