Send to Layout Option

Plizmo

I'm so tired of constantly adjusting the sides of the Layout Box Borders after sending layout.  For sure, the following has been on some wish lists in the past.  I want to window over what I want to send to layout with a bounding box and that be the Layout Box Border.  And, the ability to draw a polygon as the border to send, not just rectangle.

Any macros floating around out there?  Any takers?

Bill

Bill,

You can do that easily using a rectangle.

In your plan view, use Zoom and drag a rectangle around the area you want to send to layout.

Send To Layout and select Current Screen.

I can't see how using any polygon shape would work as the layout box is restricted to a rectangle

Yes I would support this as a suggestion as it would reduce the use of masks in layout and speed things up.  As Glenn says there are ways to make the rectangle work better but not everyone builds rectangular houses.  One thing that you may not be aware of is that the layout box corners can be filleted from just a little all the way to a proper circle that I sometimes use as live detail blowups.

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

One thing that you may not be aware of is that the layout box corners can be filleted from just a little all the way to a proper circle that I sometimes use as live detail blowups.

Chopsaw,

Radius the layout box never occurred to me, thanks.

And you are correct about the houses or views I want to send to layout not being the aspect ratio of the monitor.

Bill