lavorhaynie

How do you Remove/Delete a Stair Section

Given a simple L-shape stair set made up of three sections, a single starter step at the bottom, a 3-step winder and a finishing set of 11 steps, I need to remove/delete the first starter step. How is this done? I need the stairs to start on the bottom with the winders. Do I have to delete the whole thing ad redraw the stairs?

597f622005c67_L-shapestairs.thumb.JPG.bd1efe8c5558db65db8b9349a9a5d6b5.JPG

Ctrl-Click the stair section you want to edit/delete to select just that section.  I'm not sure if deleting a single section will cause everything else to automatically adjust - you might need to do some judicious editing in the dbx.

I have found this to be the case when stair sections are connected by a landing. However when connected by winders the entire staircase still gets selected.

I have often been in this same situation and have resorted to re-doing the staircase, however it would be interesting to see if someone has come up with a way to disconnect a stair section from winders.

11 hours ago, Ace_Drafting said:

I have found this to be the case when stair sections are connected by a landing. However when connected by winders the entire staircase still gets selected.

I have often been in this same situation and have resorted to re-doing the staircase, however it would be interesting to see if someone has come up with a way to disconnect a stair section from winders.

Agree. I can't find any method to disconnect a section of stairs joined in this manner.

You should be able to just to left click drag the bottom stair tread away, deletion is not the best method.

DJP

Left click and drag still leaves the stair section attached to the winders and won't remove the stair tread. You can change the size of the tread but not disconnect it?