Exporting to DWG

myrtsbnye

Hello all,

I've been asked to export drawings to DWG and when I do the walls, cabinets, furniture and window, door and elevations callouts are filled with solid colour. I would like to remove this fill as it doesn't add to the clarity of the drawing. While it looks great within Chief Architect it doesn't translate well to Autocad. Problem is this solid fill is on the same layer as the rest of the wall, cabinets, etc. so I have to tediously pick them one a t a time and delete them. Is there a better way? Can I disable the solid fill within Chief architect?

Any help will be appreciated.

Not sure if it works when exporting to DWG  and there is probably a better way  .....but did you try checking the Transparency box for the Default Label Style , in your Defaults ?     seems to work for a quick test plan for me but YMMV of course...

Capture8.JPG

Capture9.JPG

Capture10.JPG

2 hours ago, myrtsbnye said:

Hello all,

I've been asked to export drawings to DWG and when I do the walls, cabinets, furniture and window, door and elevations callouts are filled with solid colour. I would like to remove this fill as it doesn't add to the clarity of the drawing. While it looks great within Chief Architect it doesn't translate well to Autocad. Problem is this solid fill is on the same layer as the rest of the wall, cabinets, etc. so I have to tediously pick them one a t a time and delete them. Is there a better way? Can I disable the solid fill within Chief architect?

Any help will be appreciated.

Send me a quick sample plan and a screenshot or 2 illustrating the problem in a bit more detail and I'll see if I can squeeze in a quick video.  Not sure what object types and blocks you might be dealing with, whether you're exporting in 2D or 3D, whether you're using colors or not, what you expect your DWG to look like, what view types you might be exporting, etc.  

Site unseen I'm guessing you're exporting simple 2D linework and that the best solution is to simply turn off layers you don't need and group delete a few remaining fills using the Match Properties tool.  

In my experience, label fills never export to DWG, regardless of what text style you're using, and how that text style's fill is defined. Only object and rich text fills are exported. Anyway, if you're perhaps using a rich text box with a solid fill color for your cabinet "labels", you can uncheck this option during the dwg export:

export.thumb.PNG.5987128a9dca69a9fe1c7fb4ac9d1807.PNG

...but it will remove ALL fills, so beware of unintended consequences.