Sign in to follow this  
alanbyvale

muntin color

I am a new UK user (v 8) and wish to create square leaded windows with transparency. I do not see a way of doing this in Chief Architect. It appears the nearest is to use muntins but these take on the colour of the window and I want white windows with black (dark grey) lead lines. I have looked at custom muntins but I am unable to use these as no matter what I do I cannot see the load muntin icon.

Has anyone managed to assign lead to the glass? I know I can create an image but this does not have transparency. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

36 minutes ago, alanbyvale said:

I am a new UK user (v 8)

Are you using version 8, or 18 (X8)?

It's best to add that info to your Signature like Eric and I have done so it's always there.... go up to your User name at top Right and go to Account Settings and then on the Left Signature....

Might help to post pics of what you are trying to replicate and even a sample plan others can play with for you....

KB.

I think you are going to get the best results with a 3D molding polyline as it will be the same colour inside and out or even a polyline solid would work the same way.  Unfortunately the muntins and custom muntins in Chief are controlled by the sash colour and it can not be deleted without eliminating the glass.  There is more work to be done on windows.

Here is a test plan in X8 with some custom muntins so you can see the issues with that and also a diagonal 3D molding polyline so you can see how that would work for you.

Lead Muntins.jpg

Lead Muntins.plan

Just tested this.

Made a "leaded glass" window from a cabinet(he loves to do that:)

Front is opening, back is side panel inset (slab door, glass material) I had some muntins (molding lines and 3D molding lines) around and just sort of placed those to see if this worked.

Convert to symbol, system supplies square casing, messed with origin.

I don't have X8 on my machine so attached plan and library won't help a lot (they are X9) but figured if someone else needed em for reference.

muntins.png

Leaded window.zip

leaded window.calibz

Many thanks for that. I have managed to create the black lead using poly line solid which seems to be okay. However I now can't actually create the window I need. I have modelled it in Sketchup and have attached an image but it doesn't import as a symbol. I understand a number of people have had the same issue. Also I read that Chief imports only inch units. UPDATE - whilst writing this reply I decided to play a little more before tapping the send key and lo and behold it imports fine if you tell Chief it is a door. All I had to do was change the default dimensions, remove all the casings and hardware and change the materials. It isn't perfect but it's very close so I now declare that a victory. Shame I can't import it as a window but I'll put up with that. Again, thanks for the help.

Window.jpg

Result.png

Many thanks for that. I have managed to create the black lead using poly line solid which seems to be okay. However I now can't actually create the window I need. I have modelled it in Sketchup and have attached an image but it doesn't import as a symbol. I understand a number of people have had the same issue. Also I read that Chief imports only inch units. UPDATE - whilst writing this reply I decided to play a little more before tapping the send key and lo and behold it imports fine if you tell Chief it is a door. All I had to do was change the default dimensions, remove all the casings and hardware and change the materials. It isn't perfect but it's very close so I now declare that a victory. Shame I can't import it as a window but I'll put up with that. Again, thanks for the help.